joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
FEB 19-20 WIIND EVENT

IsentropicLift

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figures. I live near 40/54. We were told it'll be back on by 6 but who knows with these things.

These wind gusts are making it alot harder to complete the power restoration process so I would give them much more time to get it back on. I feel bad for your power outage, Mine was out from 9:46am till 11:53am The temp of our house here got down to 59.

As i said its the wind its impeding on them getting the job done fast, if they have to use a bucket truck and go up there with a bucket its very unsafe to do so with high winds could cause the bucket and the truck to tip over.

Just a heads up Lee, the utility trucks have outriggers that steady the truck and allow them to work in high winds and bad weather and such. Similar to an FD's Ladder Truck. It would take one hell of a wind to knock one over, so that's not the problem. There's just a lot of work out there to be done.

Just made it back to the cabin from a party. We had a nice batch of snow this evening, at least an inch but the conditions were terrible. High winds with blowing snow created white out conditions frequently with zero visibility. The flurries were more like snow showers with winds gusting 40-50. Be careful if you are traveling in the poconos tonight! Roads are tricky where the snow is blowing across and piling up. Off the frozen lakes it was like a blizzard.

In the last 1/2 hour or so we've had 3 noticeable large gusts,biggest of the day...during the last 1 I walked out in the breezeway to "see" ...trees are taking the brunt of it and we've now got a complete ground/pavement covering of new Snow...

The winds were intense during the last hour for sure. Seems to be letting up a bit. I was worried about power lines. I am at 2078ft and on the SE side of the mountain, sheltered a bit. You can hear it racing up over the peak and just above the tree line.....sounds like a plane is about to crash in.

The winds were intense during the last hour for sure. Seems to be letting up a bit. I was worried about power lines. I am at 2078ft and on the SE side of the mountain, sheltered a bit. You can hear it racing up over the peak and just above the tree line.....sounds like a plane is about to crash in.

I can hear the roar of the wind through the trees on the mountains around Tamaqua. It's been like that all day here.

Archived