Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16 CWG blog

usedtobe

Good WRite up wes.sir !!!!

guess by latest european threat is gone?? Oh well so much for the winter of 2011 !!! In all honesty, hope the warmup continues.. Not looking forward to return of cold weather., These old bones need some warmth.

This is about the time I lose interest in winter. Except when there is a treat of a snowstorm, I pretty much could do without the cold.

This is about the time I lose interest in winter. Except when there is a treat of a snowstorm, I pretty much could do without the cold.

Oh I ejjoy the winter and cold to a degree,, but now that I,m older, once I get a touch of spring, bring it on. I,m trying to work back into skiing and tennis after two back surgeries, but its tough to do. Now that I,m reitred cold only goes so far. Without snow, its okay in jan and early feb but after that, I,m with you. Great write up. Your a true professioinal. Enjoy your retirement. I,m trying to do the same.

Oh I ejjoy the winter and cold to a degree,, but now that I,m older, once I get a touch of spring, bring it on. I,m trying to work back into skiing and tennis after two back surgeries, but its tough to do. Now that I,m reitred cold only goes so far. Without snow, its okay in jan and early feb but after that, I,m with you. Great write up. Your a true professioinal. Enjoy your retirement. I,m trying to do the same.

The Euro ensemble mean supports the euro and to me would suggest snow if it were correct. The 18Z gfs has come south but it and its ensembles still are too warm for snow. Thank goodness there is plenty of time to tailor forecasts to a forecast whenever the models come into agreement. While I think a rain solution may be more likely, I wouldn't bet much on it especially with the euro ens now in the euro camp.

The Euro ensemble mean supports the euro and to me would suggest snow if it were correct. The 18Z gfs has come south but it and its ensembles still are too warm for snow. Thank goodness there is plenty of time to tailor forecasts to a forecast whenever the models come into agreement. While I think a rain solution may be more likely, I wouldn't bet much on it especially with the euro ens now in the euro camp.

The 18z GFS sure looks to bring a return to colder weather with potential threats. I guess any forecast beyond about 5 days has to be looked at very suspiciously, but it is good to see potential winter weather on the horizon during a time when it's still possible to get real winter weather.

gfs caved Wesley

The GFS caved but the euro and its ensembles would not give dc no snow though the ensembles look like there is enough space to the west that there could be a wave. The 06Z gFS looks funny at 500. I'd expect if the shortwave is forced south by what is happening over new england and southern canada that is would have a more sheared look and ligther precip.

Archived