• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Great Smoky Mountain National Park

Cades Cove is located within the Great Smoky Mountain National Park about 25 miles or so from Gatlinburge in east Tennessee. The cove offers ample opportunity to see wildlife, hike, camp, or just take in the scenery. Also located in the cover are primitive houses and churches from early settlers in the area.

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

One of the best times of the year to visit the park---The hordes have moved on---surprised you didn't spot wild turkeys on the trip around Cades loop--I use to backpack the AT in that area alot--

We did see several turkeys. Probably 30 or so in all. We just missed a bear too. It walked off before we got there.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually got married in Pigeon Forge July 4th, 2010. I've been going down to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg since I was 5 or 6 years old. Usually make the trip to Cades Cove and Clingmans Dome once each time we are there. Cades cove is breathtaking. Beautiful Country in there. I always enjoyed going to the mill house. Oh and you cant forget about Laura Ingalls. Just an amazing part of the country. Thanks for the pics.

Archived