Toothache
Peoria IL over/under 18 inches

janetjanet998

Peoria IL over/under 18 inches  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Peoria IL over/under 18 inches

• over
    • under

when I saw 18" as the total, I thought "over, easily" immediately.

Put the total up toward 22" and you might get more two-sided action.

Enjoy your historic storm!

Yes but this is the official total which is from a spotter 2 miles SW of the airport which for some reason always reports the lowest in the area in huge storms...I pointed this out on eastern a few times and posted examples such very odd low liquid to snow ratios for PIA..and even had a met form ILX try to explain it

he said with the wind may be hard to measure out there where it is flat

However i have seen examples in recent years where they don't use that spotters report as an official report yet at other times they do...so I am confused where the official report comes from these days

Newest nam has the dryslot along the il river and points se. 16-18 inches is likely towards the Galesburg area with isolated amounts near 20. Galesburg is 40 miles wnw of Peoria. Am thinking Peoria (officially) will end up in the 13-15 inch range with amounts 15-17 inches on the far NW side of town . You can tell this by looking at the 12z nam accumulated precip forecast.

Newest nam has the dryslot along the il river and points se. 16-18 inches is likely towards the Galesburg area with isolated amounts near 20. Galesburg is 40 miles wnw of Peoria. Am thinking Peoria (officially) will end up in the 13-15 inch range with amounts 15-17 inches on the far NW side of town . You can tell this by looking at the 12z nam accumulated precip forecast.

yeah I was just about to post something about that dry slot now developing in NE OK ...but i think it will stay SE of us....the pivot point will be very close by

In Peoria here - just heard a co-worker saying he heard a report from IDOT that they want everyone off the roads by noon. Trying to find a way to confirm..

please keep me updated..I'm trying to tell my family members to leave work...some can't...my mom works at a Bank as doesn't get off until 6...and has to drive to Dunlap

every one keeps saying the worst is coming tonight so many think they are fine

if you can confirm that maybe her big bosses will smarten up

please keep me updated..I'm trying to tell my family members to leave work...some can't...my mom works at a Bank as doesn't get off until 6...and has to drive to Dunlap

every one keeps saying the worst is coming tonight so many think they are fine

if you can confirm that maybe her big bosses will smarten up

Still going with 7-8" by 6pm?

I just made it home from Morton. Conditions were not good out there, and surprisingly there wasn't too much traffic. Things will get even worse fast. Fortunately me leaving work got most of the people in my building to leave.

heavy snow at the airport now

KPIA 011826Z 05013G19KT 1/4SM R13/1600V1800FT +SN FZFG VV002 M06/M08 A3000

Archived