northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Hampton Roads Obs/Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drove back from Williamsburg. What a depressing trip back. Williamsburg is awesome looking! Couple inches everywhere. Newport News and half of Hampton had at least a dusting. All around 33-34F. Then I come through the bridge tunnel and its not even all snow. 35 and nothing.

Just drove back from Williamsburg. What a depressing trip back. Williamsburg is awesome looking! Couple inches everywhere. Newport News and half of Hampton had at least a dusting. All around 33-34F. Then I come through the bridge tunnel and its not even all snow. 35 and nothing.

Does not surprise me at all.

From Jon Cash FB page

"Sorry everybody. I got it wrong. Maybe I should give up weather all together and stick with my ministry now. The sad part is, I would give that same forecast in that scenerio everytime. Now I know what I don't miss about trying to predict the future. Once again, for those who got excited, sorry to let you down."

"Eating humble pie can be a good thing. After my lastest post and my apology, facebook lit up even more than with my wild rantings about the snow (which I really thought would happen). In fact, at 8pm last night, the severe storms forecasting center in Oklahoma sent out an alert for 1-2" per hour snowfalls in the metro area which the local weather service office didn't take on their forecasts. H...ere's the point. Being humble and admitting you are wrong actually invites support from people rather than condemnation. We often think the opposite will happen. You guys proved this point. When we are humble before God, He responds the same way and blesses us. When we are proud and don't admit failure and sin, the exact opposite happens. Thank you all for making me feel so loved...and I love all of you too!"

Wow, the snow threat goes silent and so does the thread.... am I the only one interested in this afternoon?

Strong heating across the area out ahead of the cold front. Well-above normal temperatures already nearing 80°F in several locations with dew points rising up through the mid 60s this afternoon. Plenty of sunshine to destabilize, combined with fairly impressive wind fields (allowing for gusty conditions despite convection). No doubt will get some damaging wind reports later. 70 knots of 0-6km shear. Tornadoes definitely a threat as well... over 40 knots of 0-1km shear and LCLs<1km. Hodographs are nicely curved as well and should see EHIs boost above 3 this afternoon.

We'll see how this plays out this afternoon, but the potential is there for things to get rather nasty.

2zs626d.png

Archived