Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Hampton Roads Obs/Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wxrisk.com ‎*** ALERT *** 12z EURO develops major coastal Low over FL Panhandle FEB 9 that tracks over Hatteras then NE out to sea... Brings HEAVY snow to Northern AL northern 1/3 of GA-- ATL included-- northwest SC muich of NC especially RDU and eastern NC --except outer banks-- and eastern & SE Va... Hampton roads gets pounded

Can we re-combine the gd RIC/HR threads? It's fooking annoying looking at 2 threads when the EXACT SAME PEOPLE post in both of them... :gun_bandana:

I really wish we could have this too! Plenty of folks from outside Richmond post in that thread so I don't see why we cant combine ours.

I am fine for where this stands right now. Verbatim it snow to rain quickly back to snow followed by brutal cold!

I don't see that quickly back to snow part but I agree it's not looking too bad right now. You certainly don't want to be in the bullseye on the GFS seven days out.

Wxrisk.com ‎**12Z FEB 3 RUN of the EURO *** (model discussion.) New Euro has the FEB 9 -10 Low but this run of the Europoean Model is MUCH further Inland with the Low tracking UP the Appalachian (from AL to Binghampton NY). Not only does this closely match the 12z CMC (which is also waaay inland) but this i...nland track matches the pattern over eastern N America which is hostile to East coast snowstorms.

looks like we had our miracle on 12/26.

12z GFS flips back to suppressed system for Feb. 9-10 by developing a "baby" high over PA as the storm develops. Much weaker but still manages .25-.50 (all snow) for southside HR, sharp cutoff with little or nothing north of NN/WMBG or so. Normally I would throw this out as GFS garbage but it was the 12z run of the GFS yesterday that signaled the north and west jump of the models yesterday so we'll see. Canadian and Euro coming up.

12z GFS flips back to suppressed system for Feb. 9-10 by developing a "baby" high over PA as the storm develops. Much weaker but still manages .25-.50 (all snow) for southside HR, sharp cutoff with little or nothing north of NN/WMBG or so. Normally I would throw this out as GFS garbage but it was the 12z run of the GFS yesterday that signaled the north and west jump of the models yesterday so we'll see. Canadian and Euro coming up.

I have a feeling the Euro wont change too much. Interesting change with the 12Z GFS. I hope it sticks

Archived