LOW MUCH CLOSER TO THE COAST ON FRIDAY NIGHT WITH HIGH PRESSURE

BUILDING BACK IN ON SATURDAY. THE ECMWF...WHICH AT LEAST BETWEEN

THE 00Z AND 12Z RUNS HAS BEEN MORE CONSISTENT...LIFTS THE LOW UP

THE COAST FRIDAY INTO SATURDAY...WITH ENOUGH WARM AIR FOR RAIN. AT

THIS POINT...HAVE TRENDED ALONG WITH THE HPC GUIDANCE WHICH

SUGGEST THAT THE LOW WILL BE OFF THE COAST ENOUGH THAT THE FCST

REMAINS DRY...BUT WILL NEED TO MONITOR THIS SYSTEM AS IT COULD

STILL AFFECT CONDITIONS NEXT WEEKEND.

Going with the classic warm/wet cool/dry.

Lol @ snowfall forecast for weekend threat. Yes all solutions from a range of just on the coast to out to sea are all in the cards with this threat. The lol dgex has been the most aggressive threat for this system with 4 out of the 5 last runs bringing this system up the coast.

Lol @ snowfall forecast for weekend threat. Yes all solutions from a range of just on the coast to out to sea are all in the cards with this threat. The lol dgex has been the most aggressive threat for this system with 4 out of the 5 last runs bringing this system up the coast.

Can't do anything else but laugh at that map I made. I think its a decent first guess though. Really only good thing about it is that it sparked some discussion.

Well that was nice while it lasted :maprain:

Yep, it was fun. We got our storm. No one can complain here. I will officially say :maprain: for the rest of the year all the way to December. Just can't lock the cold in.

But I will say this, still keeping an eye on weekend storm. There is hope for my map.

So now I have to look between two threads? We're all in the same cwa, might as well keep one thread.

I never though I would say this.... but I severely envy yalls 70°F on Wednesday. It would be nice to finally see some green grass, warm temps, and severe season this spring. But yet i'm sitting here waiting for the 2nd ice storm of the season. :axe:

* ACCUMULATIONS: THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR 2 TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW

WITH ISOLATED HIGHER AMOUNTS FROM TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY. ICE

ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE QUARTER TO AROUND HALF AN INCH ARE POSSIBLE

FROM TUESDAY NIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY.

Man, I would love to be in Chicago, IL right now experiencing the blizzard. I guess I will try and find some live streaming news channels from the area.

smiley-shocked003.gif

METAR KMDW 020351Z AUTO 05026G49KT 1/16SM R31C/1200V2200FT +TSSNGS BLSN FZFG OVC001CB M06/M08 A2969 RMK AO2 PK WND 04049/0347 TSB04E17B36GSB46 SLP069 OCNL LTGICCG OHD TS OHD MOV N SNINCR 1/11 T10611078 PNO $

will the feb09 CoastalBecs storm happen? stay tuned.

:thumbsup: Well the thing we have going for us is such a strong HP diving out west to create the arctic front thus allowing a storm to move up along it. Could be the best chance we have for a storm now. Lets watch this one get pulled out from under us as well...:arrowhead:

Archived