• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Richmond Metro/ Hampton roads obs/disco winter thread

Midlo Snow Maker

Still time for that WSW to spread a little...how many times have we seen it go the opposite way.

The DC and MD folks are down right giddy. Hoping we can get in on a little bit of the fun and maybe the cold air will swing in before the bulk of the precip is done but my wife says I am too positive anyway.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone want to bet against Huntsville, AL getting more than RIC?

* ACCUMULATIONS: TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF TWO TO FOUR INCHES. THE HIGHER SNOW AMOUNTS WILL GENERALLY BE NORTH OF THE TENNESSEE RIVER AND OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF THE CUMBERLAND PLATEAU.

At >.5/h rates we should be good

EDIT: we are below freezing at the surface thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Omegas look nice on the 700mb map during the time when the 0c line is moving offshore but I'm not sure I like the 2m temps.

For example, some hr 30 maps:

Snowing at 850mb

post-250-0-46061500-1295993762.gif

Nice 700mb map with -10 omega right over us

post-250-0-96187300-1295993769.gif

Surface temps are questionable though

post-250-0-89282700-1295993775.gif

FWIW, I love AkQ. I really, really expected to be shafted with Albemarle having a WSW and me having nothing, but AKQ threwh me a WSW and actually has more accumulation on the zone forecast than Sterling. Props. I'll change my avatar shortly. :thumbsup:

Have you seen the national map? AKQ is definitely sticking to their guns

I'd love to move out there. I'd do it because the booming metropolis of Lake Monticello is a great place to catch a movie, a broadway show, and good sushi...

:rolleyes:

Dude? I'm 15 minutes from Charlottesville and a sushi/hibachi grill just opened up at the Lake...1 minute from my house. Why the hate? I had sushi tonight btw. We are CHO's bedroom community.

Also, Fluvanna just went up to 3-5" and CHO 3-7" per NWS. Wait, I see why the hate :thumbsup:

Archived