Jump to content

sussexcountyobs

Members
  • Posts

    1,978
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussexcountyobs

  1. I am thinking they will issue a Watch here at their 4pm update. I assume because we were teetering on the edge of warning level snows and they wanted to wait to see what models did today.
  2. I understand fully. But look at the totals surrounding it. This is not an elevation storm, and areas south of there are high elevations also in Ulster. Probably higher I believe.
  3. Problem is that upper level low in the north Atlantic. Models are picking up on its southwest arm moving further south and west. Hence our storm will be forced to form further south and go east.
  4. True. But what does that have to do with precip types during a storm? I can see urban development and heat island effect keeping near ground surface temps warmer on a cold clear night. But it will have no effect during a coastal storm. Maybe on accumulation, but not on what's falling from the sky.
×
×
  • Create New...