Jump to content

USCAPEWEATHERAF

Members
  • Posts

    8,736
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by USCAPEWEATHERAF

  1. Can you post one from the Taunton radar site?
  2. Is this found at COD weather too or is a paid site
  3. I know, I like to check the angles often. Do you know how high that is?
  4. Whatever sleet was falling south of the Vineyard and ACK, it has quickly cooled off. The heavy bands of snow are all the way as high as the radar beam is raised. How high into the air does a beam with a 2.40 degree angle go? Oh best growth through this evening right now, winds are coinciding with the best snow growth and heaviest bands, and vis is likely less than 3/4 miles. Temp is steady around 29F, and the snow is cold and accumulating on everything!
  5. That is sleet developing south of the Vineyard and ACK?
  6. Well I am seeing sleet and a mix developing south of the Islands, we have a few hours of decent snows and then the mix comes in heavy. Everyone west of the Canal, congrats! There are some intense bands moving through now I will stay awake until the changeover occurs!
  7. Yes I agree, arctic sand is better than rain
  8. Snow growth is poor, arctic sand right now!
  9. Can someone post a recent animation of the Correlation Coefficient
  10. Snow has begun to accumulate. Flurries actually began to stick right away. Winds are picking up!
  11. Scott, the new HRRR run has the low skirting the S NJ coast and then jutting eastward, no longer going inland west of the city.
  12. Snow flurries began around 825pm 0125 utc. Huge band heading for Block Island and the rest of SE CT and RI
  13. KNYC is in 0.25 mile visibility, vertical visibility of 600 feet. Moderate snow, mist!
  14. Islands are now light snow, vis near 2.50 sm
  15. Its snowing at Block Island now at 28F, the temp dropped almost six degrees in the last two hours once the Precipitation started to fall. This is called evaporative cooling or wet-bulbing. This might pull the temp down initially enough to offset any potential warming. Also, MVY is snowing now, it is more like flurries.
  16. Man I wish I knew I was guaranteed snow. I think the OES component and the commahead of the storm could prolong the snow through noon on Friday here on the Cape. Models continuously showed this potential. HRRR snows through the 18 hours on the 22z run with a large portion of the storm still overhead.
  17. Maybe I will do anything i can to stay awake!
  18. Man we need ACKWAVES back here. I need an actual human observation from ACK. While the ASOS station says humidity near 60 percent, the radar says it should be snowing all the way to the surface!
  19. It is snowing above the surface right now. Above our heads snow is falling out of the clouds just to evaporate in the final 500 feet.
  20. I don't buy turning to rain even here in Harwich, MA, I mean sleet for a bit, sure, but not rain. The entire column cools rapidly after warming slightly above 700mb.
×
×
  • Create New...