Jump to content

USCAPEWEATHERAF

Members
  • Posts

    8,736
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by USCAPEWEATHERAF

  1. Even if the larger bands move inland, this seems like a storm that will keep producing snow bands from the south or southeast, someone will receive the pivot point for this system and where that monster death band/deformation band sits and pivots will determine the final snow jackpot location. My bet right now, is that the zones of highest amounts are elevated locations just in from the coast in CT, NE RI, SE Interior MA and the Cape. From Provincetown to Hyannis. That corridor on the Cape should see amazing amounts. my top five includes 17" from NEMO and 24 inches from the Feb 25th, 1999 storm.
  2. I think what is leading to the large amount of QPF and moisture is the development of the strong warm front that every model run produces coming northward off the Carolina Coast. There is a large temperature gradient on the north side of the front from 925mb to 850mb of almost 10C+ within a fifty mile distance. That front never passes Nantucket on a majority of the models. I could definitely see QPF amounts increase throughout the next 36 hours. HI-Resolution models like the 3km NAM and the ARW 2 both show the onset of snow beginning much earlier tomorrow with the OES bands in the northeast winds as 850mb temps cool to nearly -10C.
  3. That map is not accurate for Cape Cod, Harwich got 15.5"
  4. 18z GFS made a big correction. Remember that iffy trailing shortwave, well it phases with the lead shortwave, however near 40N: 65W. Again too far for anything meaningful, but if the trend is real, it will phase quicker in the next few cycles.
  5. Oh the 3km NAM is now showing OES developing right after sunset WED for coastal SE MA
  6. Watches now extend to 48 hours not the previous 36 hours!
  7. The gradient is getting more extreme as the models keen in on the track of the SFC-H7 lows and their intensities as well as the final location and track of the Deformation band, which lies 100 miles north of the H7 low track or from the low to the north by 100 miles.
  8. Just because the goal posts are narrowing, has no implications that the GFS is right! In fact, the GFS is bound to come back to reality. A consensus towards a CMC-EURO-UKMET combination seems most reasonable. 18z NAM does not rain at all for me, and I am west of CHH, I am more Mid-Cape then outer Cape!
  9. Yeah I reached 54 hours now and it has significantly deamplified!
  10. Really, I see a diverging pattern to the confluence over Quebec and east, I just see more space in the isopleths.
  11. Will I must be missing something, I see a more amplified trough, the H5 low closes off!
  12. I am leaning towards an average of 10-12" on the Cape, places like Provincetown, Sandwich and Bourne could see 18". I am liking the trend of the SREFs to a more reasonable amounts. I think the deformation band will be wide ranging from the NE PA to NYC to CT to RI and CC and Islands
  13. I am seeing a more amplified H5 trough, it closes off over ILL
  14. I would like to see that trailing shortwave to either slow down or speed up, either way, shows us your next move! That way the trough will focus more on the lead shortwave, either the trailer phases in with the lead, or it leaves it alone!
  15. CT>RI>SE MA>CC and Islands - 12-18" isolated 18" + in intense banding
  16. This is the best map used for deciding where the model feels the dry slots will be located!
×
×
  • Create New...