Jump to content

CoastalWx

Meteorologist
  • Posts

    178,329
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CoastalWx

  1. That's a great recap. Jan 2011 was epic weenie month in CT, esp western, SW CT. I have no issues with that month again though up this way. That 6 week stretch was great NW of PYM, but an under the radar epic screw job from Diane's old hood through the Cape. I guess they made up for it later on in the decade.
  2. Wait a minute..lol. I melted? I don't think I melted prior to Feb 13.
  3. Here is the thread I had about previous storms.
  4. Yo, what were your questions again regarding MIller bs? Hope is well, son.

  5. I have a thread just like this buried somewhere. Lots of good stuff on it too.
  6. We are lovely, peaceful, beautiful people in the NE forum.
  7. Josh and everyone in that whole school went through absolute hell. As you saw from pictures, everything is completely smashed there. Knowing Josh, he’s probably helping out. Frankly, he probably can’t really even find a way to get home right now. He’s done this before, and I’m sure he’s OK. Are we really surprised we have not heard from him by now given what we‘ve seen?
  8. There is something about being the “lucky” unexpected one to jack. I remember feeling that, after the long duration Feb 2015 storm. I did not expect that much snow. I had to take a walk to admire what transpired.
  9. I think it’s simple. You got a fluff job and the timing of your clearing probably allowed for primo stacking as the best bands moved in. I don’t think your measuring was flawed.
  10. I wasn’t calling BS. Was trying to see how it jived with radar.
  11. But upslope is fake snow. Death band snow is similar.
  12. Honestly Ray, we know how OCD you are with measuring. As long as you were there and believe you did everything as best as you could, then that’s all that matters. Seriously.
  13. And on top of that, Dendrite brought up an excellent point about timing of your brush off with respect to bands. Sure it wouldn’t make a 6” difference, but your coincidental timing made it minimalize compaction.
  14. Snow measuring is a joke. You have multiple methods as accepted.
  15. His response seemed to indicate it was storm total and not new snow which he thought I implied.
  16. I guess we are all ignorant to the sniff test these days.
  17. That's an interesting setup with the flow out of the northeast in the mid levels while you have NW flow below 6000ft or so.
  18. I find it funny that they retweeted this other guy from Wilimington who had 23 an change and a 3.2" liquid core. LMAO.
  19. I agree with you and Will about the 6 hrs. It just makes more sense to me with all the reasons stated.
×
×
  • Create New...