Jump to content

CoastalWx

Meteorologist
  • Posts

    178,366
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CoastalWx

  1. Next week is funny. That s/w trough loops down into the CONUS and then loops back up. I think I made a post about that a week ago when one of the op runs showed a cutter. It just comes right down and then right back up lol.
  2. The 6 hr method around here doesn’t make a huge difference. A lot of the storms involve wind and helps to compact. I haven’t noticed a huge difference doing both methods. I could see differences appear in the softly fallen fluff though. Like when Jspin measures a dendrite and calls it 0.4” But, I also think it makes for more true measuring because when it’s snowing an inch an hour all day and you have 6” to snow for it, that’s not really truthful either. That’s when the 6hr method comes in handy and more truthful imo.
  3. Close them tight. Another terrible December.
  4. We’ve been through this before. Getting a 50-100 mile Snow shield is harder than a low going from ALB to Detroit with basically the same outcome. Torch. The effects of a low whether it’s in Albany or Detroit are the same.
  5. Maybe 1 or 2 chances of something before it goes to shit for a bit. No idea about January.
  6. Yeah. This was some shit luck with nuances for sure. The only thing you could argue was last Sunday, but that was for a relatively small area geographically. I will say within about 10 days Scooter caution flags did start to show up. Sure I suppose you could argue they always do, but when those ridges fold over AK like a floppy boob and push troughing into the Gulf of Alaska from the east, never a good sign.
  7. -EPO is still cutter risk. Not sure why some always think it’s so good. You want to prevent cutters? Get a ridge over the west coast/Rockies.
  8. Euro I think may be “less” cutterish….if that makes any sense? Whatever that will mean lol.
  9. Glad the higher elevations got a nice dumping of man snow. Good for the ski resorts.
×
×
  • Create New...