Jump to content

BristowWx

Members
  • Posts

    10,497
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BristowWx

  1. Agreed. Taking a long overdue mental health break. Maybe things will look better post NYE.
  2. That has to be one of the most discouraging GEFS runs at 18z ever.
  3. Euro has a different idea. Colonel Mc Cutter
  4. Seems like a set up o don’t remember seeing that often. Blocked up vice progressive up top. But if you say it’s good that’s good enough for me.
  5. That’s the part that worries me. We can get cold even really cold but establishment of cold is the long pole in the tent. Regardless, it’s nice to be at the stadium parked and tailgating ready for the game ...instead of being stuck in traffic.
  6. Roger. My biggest take away from that run was there is cold around on our side of the planet if that is even nearly correct it’s real cold. So I am optimistic. If this was the cake we were baking that would be the flour.
  7. Still not a flake of snow as it looks now. But if we wanted cold on our side of the world it’s there on this run. Hey it’s not pac puke so we take it.
  8. 468dM cold in East central Canada post 300h. Impressive.
  9. And that h5 pattern looks to continue as the run progresses. That is a solid high up there. This looks really good to me. It should keep us cold if nothing else. I hope I am right about this enthusiasm
  10. I like what I see h5 post 240h on GFS in the Atlantic. Big strong high pushing toward Greenland. I think that’s what we want.
  11. Is the EPS on board with good stuff happening?
  12. The truth is 0z could bring total destruction. Even the best analysis is only as good as the data being analyzed. No one will reassure you. We are all alone on this wretched journey called winter where despair and peril lurk around every 6 hour corner.
  13. 24-36 hours ago things looked so bleak. The turnaround is nothing short of miracle. Let’s hope it’s not a mirage.
  14. I’m calling it too even up here. This event is the shovel of dirt in my 6ft hole. 19-20 will be rockin’
  15. Nice choice in Gainesville. Been here 20 years. Grown a lot and we often do better with snow compared to Glen Allen. Except December of 2018 of course.
  16. Your posts always sound like you are drunk. Don’t drink and post.
  17. I don't think the Euro is apps runner. Looks well off Delmarva at 96
  18. I expect the Euro to be snow in JAX..which would be great for them
  19. It won't look that bad. Even I know that. It will look worse. 1998 bad. 2001 bad.
  20. Right. The best. We can hope. Wait...hope is lost
  21. The 0z runs will be brutal. Like really having the runs only virtually. Everyone is screwed. The storm will be so amped up it will be congrats Chicago. As long as New England gets screwed then I can die a happy man.
  22. Ok. The 18z is going to come out soon. There will be heartbreak. It inevitable. Just pour a drink and prepare. We know how this show ends. SNE snowstorm. Book it.
  23. we are due for a really awful model suite...like one where everyone says "well that was fun...see you next winter" and "what happened to the AK ridge...holy crap its gone" 0z and 6z was the warning shot across the bow....now settle in boys for some real incoming fire.
  24. we can try I guess. The EPS was a big blow. Losing that means losing hope. I know it will get chilly on some days coming up. but if there is no threat of winter weather then its just wasted time and this is the type pattern that gives cutters and cold fronts. not even CAD really with no blocking. HP just slides away. we will see what 12z brings but few could argue the 0z runs were a step back in to a deep hole. we have been talking about what might be in 10 days for the last 10 days and now its 10 more days.
×
×
  • Create New...