-
Posts
11,828 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by IrishRob17
-
-
7 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:
34.7 for the low here.
Some frost on the rooftops and grass, first of the season.Agreed, it does meet the NWS definition of first frost (low of 36-32) so that's how it goes down in my books. I also track the much more subjective first visible frost, still waiting to log that for me. My average First Frost date is 10/12 so a little early this year.
-
2
-
-
10 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:
36 was the low here. No frost IMBY.
I saw a couple yards on the way into work with some light frost on the lawns but that was it.
-
1
-
-
I know there are a few other college football fans here, what do they do with the Georgia Bama game Saturday night? And Gameday for that matter. I would think today (maybe tomorrow?) they have to decide if they do anything.
-
Got to 34.5° here, up to 35° now. Good news for the leaves.
-
1
-
-
6 hours ago, BxEngine said:
I know memories get tainted by time and misremembering…but i swear i remember most years as a kid trick or treating, there being leaf piles for us to jump in while walking around the neighborhood. This year the color is definitely earlier than the last few and looks like it could be a really good year with the exception of the same blight rob mentioned in some of ours too.
Agreed, lots of leaves. I remember one year as a teenager I stuffed an old pair of jeans with leaves and had the jeans protruding from a bigger pile of leaves next to our walkway. On Halloween night I swapped out those jeans with myself, upper body buried under the leaves. As I was laying there little kids were trick or treating so I just remained still as to not scare them. Then two teenage girls I knew from the neighborhood came up the walkway. I laid still as they walked past to the front door, trying not to laugh as one said to the other "It looks so real!" Then as they walked past me after getting their loot I kicked my leg over onto the walkway and I rose up through the pile of leaves that I was under. They were screaming as they ran away down the street... Low of 38 this morning, 56/34 currently, we'll see about some frost, perhaps a quick freeze, tomorrow morning.
-
1
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:
I was surprised to see plenty of past-peak foliage in the Catskills already this weekend, especially around Shandaken and West Kill. There's a lot of great color around though.
Hoping that all that rain in September isn't going to muck up the leaves, the sugars in my yard have blight. The weather this week should help in general.
-
2 hours ago, MANDA said:
Beautiful morning with nice breeze, blue skies and cool temperatures. Overnight low of 51.
Leaf color change becoming rapidly noticeable up this way.
Pumpkin spice everything is everywhere.
The pick your own apple orchards are hurting with many closed due to the Spring freeze.
Yeah, that’s a big problem around here. From what I understand many of the crops themselves are insured but the lost revenue from all the agritainment is not.
-
2
-
-
Up to 1.37" for the storm and 5.79" for the month. The radar indicates I should pass 6" for September.
-
1
-
-
27 minutes ago, Hitman said:
My station crapped out a few weeks ago and I just swapped it with a new one. Couldn’t be easier to set up. Install batteries, plug in display, set date/time.
I agree, I have confidence that @rclab could do it. In some events there would be an interesting difference between Central Park and the Embassy in Brooklyn.
-
1
-
-
Yeah, there’s an impressive, and annoying, amount of shredded leaves and twigs covered everything. Needed to use the blower on my windshield. Up to .53” with much less wind now and constant drizzle/mist.
-
1
-
-
.35” here, lots of smaller branch’s, 4-6’ long, down in the yard and driveway.
-
34 minutes ago, TriPol said:
Has the storm fully occluded?
-
2 minutes ago, snywx said:
4500k in Orange are out.
I don't want to jinx us by talking about OC, a lot of Ulster came back online already.
-
1 hour ago, GaWx said:
Thanks. Ulster’s now at 17k out of ~100k customers vs Suffolk being at 10k with >6 times the # of customers! Ulster has almost half the outages in the entire state.
Up to 14.99% in Ulster County.
-
12 minutes ago, GaWx said:
Kind of odd: Ulster Cty now has highest # and % of outages in NY with 11k/11%. Is this accurate? Neighboring counties are much lower.
Suffolk is at 9k/1.4%.
Not odd for Ulster with elevation and lots of forest.
-
2
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, Lanslide said:
I woke up to a tree landing on my house. Tough way to start the day.
Sorry to hear that. I can relate, had one fall on my house during the 5/15/18 severe outbreak. No fun but glad it sounds like you are ok but it makes a lasting not so fun memory. Best of luck with the repairs.
-
2
-
-
KDIX is down, was that already discussed here? Anyone know why and how long?
Edit: It went down this morning for an unknown reason, at least that’s what I’ve found so far.
-
1
-
1
-
-
-
-
7 minutes ago, wthrmn654 said:
Do you guys know there's a storm threaded for the noreaster??
Asking for a friend
-
3
-
1
-
1
-
-
40 minutes ago, Dan76 said:
Darts season probably over according ESPN
I’d be surprised if he comes back this season. Sure, his foot wasn’t planted but that was still a terrible blow to his leg, bending the way it shouldn’t. I don’t see Winston improving all that much even with getting all the snaps in practice. Oh well.
-
1
-
-
1 hour ago, BxEngine said:
Radar estimate was only like .3, actually a tad over .6. Annoying ass light rain lol
Yeah the radar was deceiving, it was a steady light rain until late in the day here, 1.28" total.
-
11 minutes ago, snywx said:
1.31" since midnight imby
Up to 1.23" here
-
1
-
-
Up to 1.21” on the day with a drizzle/mist now.
-
2
-

fall-ish banter
in New York City Metro
Posted
Announced yesterday that Gameday will be inside. The game itself will probably be dry, oh well.