Jump to content

SomeguyfromTakomaPark

Members
  • Posts

    6,987
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SomeguyfromTakomaPark

  1. Heights substantially lower out in front. Pretty big shift from 00z.
  2. This has been very noticeable. As a runner I still haven't had to put on more than a base layer/t shirt combo for a run. I haven't even been wearing a hat! Usually in January I have to bundle up at least a few times. What's the coldest temp at DCA this season? Like mid 20s or something pathetic like that?
  3. That was a decent storm in Takoma park. 6-8 inches I believe. It was of course a little sloppy cause it was Late March IIRC but it was fun.
  4. We need the cold. It's barely been below freezing here it seems. A cold day this winter has been like a high of 44 and a low of 33. I'm not expecting much, if anything, until we get real cold on this side of the CONUS.
  5. I wouldn't say I'm worried, I'm happy to see a modeled storm that doesn't miss us. I'm just being cautious because with those temps it's better not to go in with huge expectations (at least where I live in urban heat island hell).
  6. At the peak of the storm (00z Wed) you'd have to go to like I81 or State College to find temps at or below 32 while it's in the mid 30s in immediate DC metro.
  7. Euro does indeed nuke us next week but there is no real cold air within 100s of miles, gonna be dicey if it plays out like that.
  8. Pretty anemic for everyone outside the mountains of western NC. We're not going to be missing much with this one.
  9. Yeah as much as I like CWG their forecasts and articles are brutal. They're so concerned about "communicating uncertainty" that it seems like they never actually make any forecasts, they just tell you anything could happen. That way they're never wrong!
  10. Didn't we have legit arctic air with that one? I think I remember smoking cirrus up here in the DC area and it being like 20 degrees for the high. This one with a very marginal airmass doesn't seem it could produce such a wide swath of heavy snow,
  11. Doesn't look like much cold air around for a potential follow up wave.....
  12. I believe you are looking for the Mid-Atlantic Panic Room™️
  13. Yeah and now the NYC metro area is on the upswing along with LA, Texas, and Florida.
  14. Has anyone read Alex Berenson’s on Twitter about covid? Just terrible stuff.
  15. Wisconsin almost 8k new cases and 40% positive. Not good.
  16. One region that has largely escaped both previous waves is the DC-Baltimore corridor. Today was one of the largest combined case counts for VA+MD+DC since the beginning of all of this. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. In my area mask compliance and social distancing are pretty well followed.
  17. Ugh yeah, what a mess. Really a shame were at this point.
  18. I’d be surprised too, but also we may run way past the number of infections from the spring depending on how the next few weeks go, hard to know though with the limited testing occurring in the spring.
  19. New Orleans has a chance of the eye passing right over it it seems. When’s the last time a major American city got directly into an eye?
  20. wow sure looks a lot faster on these videos, I guess funneling as @Windspeed mentioned.
  21. Anyone know what the sustained winds were when it hit Hong Kong? The videos are nuts.
  22. Where is my best bet if I wanted to drive down to somewhere in st Mary's county and do some snowshoeing or XC skiing? Is st Mary's river park pretty nice? Does it have some trails? I know point lookout is nice but I don't recall it having many trails.
  23. Getting word that Columbia Heights Education Campus may have to be relocated for repairs. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-schools-insider/post/gray-most-but-likely-not-all-schools-to-open-thurs/2011/08/24/gIQASgZZbJ_blog.html
  24. 13th and Monroe Also there was structural damage to Columbia Heights Education Campus. And Best Buy was flooded from broken pipes and is closed indefinitely.
×
×
  • Create New...