Buddy has a few pairs of Hoks we play around on for cross country trails through the woods and beg/intermediate downhill sections. Being able to make 3-4 tele turns on them a couple years ago opened the tele world for me. Definitely see the appeal. Since then I have always kept an eye out for a cheap set-up.
Ugh they are still requiring that thing even this year? Many schools in my field started leaving it in the past 2-3 years. This year most schools in my field are not requiring/considering it. I don't get that thing, my quant score was 20 percentile points higher the year I took it than the following year.
Seriously.
Your old hill looked packed today. Lines for Heaven's Gate looked like vacation week. Can't imagine if folks actually head up for vacation week.
End of that NAM run looks like the makings of a Miller B with a little further north high placement but the hell if I know. How it gets the energy is strange though, more like an A.