Jump to content

Buckeyes_Suck

Members
  • Posts

    2,693
  • Joined

Everything posted by Buckeyes_Suck

  1. I have two trips planned to the Adirondacks this year that I don't anticipate any issues with. A coworker is currently vacationing in Florida with no issues. Ive been to Ohio a few times since the lock downs for work with no issues as well. I think you would be fine.
  2. Are we playing price is right rules? I say October 2020. Politics will play a factor. Sweden will be a hot spot for tourism because they'll be the first place with herd immunity lol.
  3. 30M now unemployed or 18% of the workforce. I can see us getting to the 25% of the great depression by the end of May as large companies start making drastic cuts based on forecasting.
  4. Hey at least he didn’t walk around the hospital doing this.
  5. Not defending, explaining the why. I don’t necessarily agree with it but understand why he did it.
  6. That’s exactly what he’s doing in my opinion. States that stay shut down will soon have no money to fund the programs that their democratic base rely on.
  7. Show of strength in my opinion. He’s 60 and presumably with no underlying health conditions showing that this virus isn’t something to fear.
  8. Damnit the site is so slow, trying to get a voucher We had planned on going to Portugal in October but Sicily it is lol.
  9. I'm all for control measures, wearing masks, no large crowds etc. But shutting down entire industries is dangerous, not to us, but the entire world.The only reason this world can support 8B people is because of industry. Here in the states we'll be fine. We'll just keep printing money. (sarcasm) But globally if this continues for very long we will be entering a very dark period of history.
  10. Yea I agree with this. The cat was let out of the bag for too long and too many people are asymptomatic for contact tracing to work at this point. Its only working in S Korea because they caught it early.
  11. Herd immunity has worked for tens of thousands of years...its our god complex that we have that makes us believe we can beat this with medicine. And I wouldn't consider Sweden far right (or myself for that matter. hell i don't even own a gun)...I'm all for advances in healthcare but were not technologically advanced enough yet to cure diseases. Only one disease is currently classified as eradicated, smallpox.
  12. Hes multiplying the .8% death rate by 330M, everyone gets it at highest death rate, and .6% death rate by 165M, half of everyone gets it at lowest death rate.
  13. You realize how many industries that will be completely crushed going this route? Airlines are going bankrupt. I'd bet that half of them stateside are gone by the time this over. Meanwhile you have entire countries on their way to bankruptcy do to the lack of tourism. Russia will be bankrupt in a matter of months because of oil prices. I don't think you fully understand how dangerous slowing the global economy down like this is. This is how wars start.
  14. Completely agree. I do think that if wefind that it doesn't give you immunity that we still need to find a way to put the low risk population back to work while we attempt to create a vaccine or therapeutic remedy.
  15. Herd immunity could be accomplished by putting america back to work and isolating those at risk with underlying conditions. You could purposely inoculate healthy young low risk volunteers to speed the process, once a case study has been completed to determine that recovering gives you immunity. The alternative is that we stay shutdown until we have a vaccine that there is no guarantee of coming. The best years of the flu vaccine only are about 60% effective. So do we stay shutdown for the next year to save 1M people aged 70 and up? That doesn't make sense to me.
  16. The rate will stay at .6-.8% regardless of social distancing unless the hospital systems become overwhelmed. Only the infection rate changes when social distancing is relaxed.
  17. Very true, especially considering how much higher the mortality rate is with this when comorbidities are present like diabetes and obesity.
  18. So if only 50% of the population in the US gets this we should expect about 1M deaths...
  19. Huge numbers coming out of other countries today. Spain with 7k more cases. Ecuador doubled overnight to 22k. I can see the death toll in India reaching millions. No widespread testing and people simply can’t socially distance.
  20. He needs to stick to a script. I have no idea what disinfectant he’s talking about but we already use UV light curtains at entry points and headspace air filtration in food plants. We were just joking yesterday at lunch that some company is going to capitalize on selling them residentially.
  21. About to get worse. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-local-governments-layoffs
×
×
  • Create New...