Jump to content

mappy

Members
  • Posts

    48,224
  • Joined

Everything posted by mappy

  1. When kids are involved, its always better to err on the side of caution then do nothing and hope for the best.
  2. good luck with that in a la nina
  3. NYC broke their one-day rain total during Henri, just a week ago, only to break it again last night. Its as if the climate is changing
  4. lol kid walked out wearing a sleeveless dress. told her to go outside and decide if she wanted to change She's changing lol
  5. Ida was just a smidge too east. The remnants interacted with a warm front that had come through our area earlier yesterday (prompting the overnight tornado watch). So the warm sector where all the best instability was located, was east of DC. Hence most of the tornadic activity being east of 95. Tomer Burg had a good thread about the setup on twitter Monday. Worth the read.
  6. 58/52 going to be a windows opened kind of day
  7. The damage is crazy. Hope your family are okay
  8. Last one, I promise. The speed. The rotation. Multiple satellite vortices.
  9. Are we sure this isn’t Mississippi? Lol
  10. Same tornado but as it came out from the trees. Unreal.
  11. This is a tornado you’d see in the plains, not suburbia new jersey. My goodness
  12. Over 3” with a little more to come
  13. lol you? I was double warned, at the same time, earlier and posted like a weenie saw a good video from Hurlock, decent tornado
  14. I’ll be honest, I would have pulled over too. But onto the shoulder at least. It was a good catch/video and I’ll give him that. But the response and fallout has been anything but professional and he works for Fox 5 in DC
  15. @catoctin wx has gotten over 7” today at his place in Frederick County
  16. lol laughing at myself earlier over being double warned. I’m such a weenie
  17. Yikes. I hope parents call the county and raise hell. Not individual schools, but the county office. It was their call not to dismiss early despite other counties around them doing so. what a mess
  18. They did. Mrs J was posting about the chaos when she had to pick up her kid
×
×
  • Create New...