Jump to content

ForestHillWx

Members
  • Posts

    2,382
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ForestHillWx

  1. Temp 24; eyeballing 7-8” on the ground; substantial drifts in areas. Looks like the radar is lighting up with heavy snow inbound.
  2. Measured 2.75” at 8:00 with moderate snow. Temp down to 18. Very still outside; my favorite kind of snow.
  3. Just came in from our first walk across the field. Snowing nicely since 2:00. Easy 1.5” so far.
  4. I’m about 10 miles southwest. We should be in a good zone. Why Dover though? There are a couple hotels around the International Trade Center in Mt. Olive, right off I-80. Just a heads up.
  5. 22/11. Flurries started at 12:30; light steady snow now. Just took a quick ride out; kids skating on the pond at Chubb Park, the Black River is frozen solid above the damn. It looks like deep winter; this storm will make it even better. Good luck everyone!
  6. 5 years since the January 2016 storm dropped 32” on us. I’ll never forget that one. My wife was pregnant with our first, had a 12 week old puppy, my dad was in post-op from double knee replacement and I shoveled from 6:00 am until the evening. Not making a forecast but wow at these latest runs.
  7. Currently 13 with winds gusting to 15 mph. Coldest day this winter.
  8. Snow/sleet mix. 1/2”-3/4” on all surfaces including roads. Sanders have been out. Daughters school getting 2:30 early dismissal (I mean come on!)
  9. 18 with wind gust up to 15 mph. Probably coldest real-feel temp this winter.
  10. Cold here today. Mostly cloudy and a slight wind of the northwest. 34 now and feels like the warmest of the day.
  11. Fair amount of glaze outside that I did not anticipate. Pine bows are weighed down
  12. 25 at 7:30 am. 32 and overcast now. Feels like winter out this way.
  13. Still a few mood flakes falling; 1" on the slate patio. Roads were treated; watched them drive by twice. Road crews must be pumped.
  14. With all the doom and gloom aside, its been snowing here for the past 1:30, with accumulation on all surfaces, even the untreated road in front of my house. I will take it.
  15. It stayed at 32 until 11:30 am out here; dropping into the 20s tonight. With the wind, it’s cold. Woodstove is burning some cherry; smells great. The weather is what it is; sometimes I wonder if it wasn’t more enjoyable to track potential with out all of these “indices” telegraphing that winter is over, before it begins. I also have to remind myself that I live in North Jersey and not Vermont (at least until my wife gives me the go ahead to move up to the Green Mts.).
×
×
  • Create New...