• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
International Falls,MN Got Down To -46 F Today

Very impressive... but...

Maybe someone with better access to historical data can verify this. I was talking to my dad earlier today about the cold snap (impressive but only for a couple days) and he mentioned he believed January '62 or '63 the temp never got above zero at MPX. Just to put this in a historical perspective. Maybe he's just getting old and his memory fails him, lol. But I know the 60s and 70s had some brutal cold up here. I also remember late December '91 we had 4-5 days with highs in the teens below zero (at MPX). Haven't seen that kind of cold since...

My reading just north of the metro was -29 this morning. Felt kinda good...probably gonna have to put an extension on my ice auger soon...:arrowhead:

Very impressive... but...

Maybe someone with better access to historical data can verify this. I was talking to my dad earlier today about the cold snap (impressive but only for a couple days) and he mentioned he believed January '62 or '63 the temp never got above zero at MPX. Just to put this in a historical perspective. Maybe he's just getting old and his memory fails him, lol. But I know the 60s and 70s had some brutal cold up here. I also remember late December '91 we had 4-5 days with highs in the teens below zero (at MPX). Haven't seen that kind of cold since...

My reading just north of the metro was -29 this morning. Felt kinda good...probably gonna have to put an extension on my ice auger soon...:arrowhead:

January 1963 had a record streak of low temperatures there.

http://climate.umn.e...es/alltimet.htm

...-10 OR BELOW...

LONGEST PERIOD...OVERNIGHT MINIMUM OF.. 20 CONSECUTIVE DAYS

JAN 12 THROUGH JAN 31.. 1963

Archived