• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Low Over North Pole

Hey guys,

Quick question. According to the CPC's 8-14 day outlook and the 500mb height maps from various models, it looks like a low will be settling over the North Pole.

Now, my question with this is, will this event cause a a slight change in global weather. I know that in November a high settled over the NP and it forced the first real winter Arctic air mass down across Canada and eventually into the US.

Any thoughts on this? Just something that caught my eye!

:snowman:

The low over the north pole is the positive phase of the arctic oscillation. Often this means milder weather in the mid lattitudes but due to a fairly stable long wave pattern with a broad trough over much of north america the cold is likely to continue over central and eastern areas of the US.

Hey guys,

Quick question. According to the CPC's 8-14 day outlook and the 500mb height maps from various models, it looks like a low will be settling over the North Pole.

Now, my question with this is, will this event cause a a slight change in global weather. I know that in November a high settled over the NP and it forced the first real winter Arctic air mass down across Canada and eventually into the US.

Any thoughts on this? Just something that caught my eye!

:snowman:

Archived