• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12Z Dec. 29 GFS

Edge Weather

12Z GFS seems to develop a low along the front and track with it precipitation behind the front on Sunday with air that appears to be cold enough at the surface and aloft to bring possibly a couple of inches of snow or more to NE PA and maybe others in Eastern PA and Northern, especially NW NJ. The Euro has also been indicating this possibility.

If the S/W speeds up a tad or the front slows down its more likely that the low will develop along the front and enhance rainfall....with perhaps some wet snow at the higher eleveations. That solution is more in line with what the Euro was depicting. I would be more concerned at this point with anything it might add to the flooding potential early next week considering the snowmelt.

Interestingly enough, when one is to look at the 500 mb Height anomalies, one would never suspect that a moderate slug of moisture would be in store for the East Coast. The Polar Vortex (PV) is over Central Canada, which would allow for some moderately chilly air to invade this sytem, and when you look at the winds at h5, they don't show a closed Low Pressure system at all, and the winds are not terribly strong, leading me to believe that this is probably a clipper (if it occurs at all) and may give NE PA 1-3" of wet snow.

Parts of NJ and NYC look to be marginal for potential snow at 10m.

gfs_ten_108m.gif

http://www.nco.ncep....2/model_m.shtml

post-3451-0-47620300-1293645903.png

No thanks. I've had enough snow for this winter... although I know we're gonna get more soon.

You and me both dude. I wouldn't shed a tear if we didn't see another flake this winter, and I am a snow lover. Give the next one to all the people who missed out on this one.

When you look at the models and pattern though, there is a "feel" in the air this will be another record breaking winter. Time will tell I guess.

Archived