• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Home weather station

hazwoper

I have an Ambient WS-2000 that is replacing my old beat-up WS-1001.  What's nice about it aside from it giving the option to easily connect to and upload to both WU and Ambient's websites, are the multitude of sensors that the console can handle including up to 8 temp/humidity sensors, I think 2 Particulate Monitors (indoor/outdoor & indoor only), up to 8 soil moisture meters (plus probed ones), a leak detector, and my fave - a lightning detector - https://ambientweather.com/amws2000.html

I actually had seen something posted on a different weather forum where a temp/humidity sensor was being used in a deep freezer and I decided to try that with one of mine. It was definitely a great idea because now I don't have to actually go down to the basement and periodically open the thing up to look at the temp on the analog one that I stuck in there to see how it cycles the temps!

There is a cheaper model - the WS-2902C that can have up to 8 temp/humidity sensors - https://ambientweather.com/amws2902.html

I *think* the base units are the same but the consoles are different which is reflected in the price differential.

These are "all-in-one" units that do temp/humidity/wind speed/direction/solar radiation/uv index/precipitation (liquid) and the sensor that goes inside does the pressure and indoor temp. It has a passive radiation shield over the outdoor temp sensor but it seems to do the job okay (at least where I have mine sited about 7 ft up on a mast attached to a privacy fence post) without sudden temp spikes or drops with the sun movement.

12 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

I went with a Tempest.  We’ll see how it goes.  Will be nice to have some real time data to share with everyone 

Had been reading about that last year.  You will surely live vicariously through your son. :lol:

Will be interesting to see how the rain/wind sensors perform and verify over the long haul.  Something you might want to also get is a Stratus (manual) rain gauge for the heck of it to see how close the Tempest's values are with it.

• Like 1