• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Holiday Forecasts 2022

Brian D

The new year is fast approaching. Is it me or when you get older time sails on a brisk wind? It has been a horrible year for me this past year with the loss of my mother, and youngest son. Hopefully this coming year will be a little better.

I have the New Years Day forecast coupled with New Years eve in the 2021 post, so the next one is MLK day on Jan 17th.

Looks cold (bitter for some) on that day with higher pressure being the dominate feature. 

MLK Day Jan 17 2022.gif

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, Brian D said:

The new year is fast approaching. Is it me or when you get older time sails on a brisk wind? It has been a horrible year for me this past year with the loss of my mother, and youngest son. Hopefully this coming year will be a little better.

I have the New Years Day forecast coupled with New Years eve in the 2021 post, so the next one is MLK day on Jan 17th.

Looks cold (bitter for some) on that day with higher pressure being the dominate feature. 

MLK Day Jan 17 2022.gif

GFS has what I'm looking for on MLK Day. Few days to go. 

MLK GFS 1-10-22 forecast.png

My forecast for St Patrick's Day has high pressure over the region after a system has moved through the day before, with another knocking on the door. So a cooler day that day, but only briefly. In general, March looks very active, and at times, very mild. Expect some wild weather.

St Patrick's Day 2022.gif

On 11/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, Brian D said:

MLK Day Jan 17 2022.gif

Looks like a decent call. 

MLK Day wx map.gif

Ah hell, I forgot to post Ground Hogs day. I had it done when I posted the other ones when I started this new thread. Well here it is. Pretty much the same as the others. High pressure over the region, in between fronts, with chilly weather in the north, and potential storm in south. Hope it pans out for you guys down there. :) 

Groundhog Day Feb 2, 2022.gif

On 1/15/2022 at 4:46 AM, Brian D said:

Ah hell, I forgot to post Ground Hogs day. I had it done when I posted the other ones when I started this new thread. Well here it is. Pretty much the same as the others. High pressure over the region, in between fronts, with chilly weather in the north, and potential storm in south. Hope it pans out for you guys down there. :) 

12z GFs showing a similar set up to what I'm seeing for that time frame. Hope it goes well for you guys in the southern areas.

Groundhog Day GFS 1-16-22.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 4:46 AM, Brian D said:

Good call here. Enjoy!! :) 

Groundhog Day GFS 1-31-22.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 12:12 PM, Brian D said:

Valentine's Day looking cold, and bitter.

EDIT: added the front that I forgot for some reason. Didn't even notice. Interesting potential for the southern sub after V Day. Hope you all do well. :) 

Valentine's Day Feb 14, 2022.gif

Good call, but not quite as cold as I thought it would be for V-Day. Sure was the 2 days before it tho, but still cold enough.

V-day forecast.gif

On 11/24/2021 at 12:18 PM, Brian D said:

President's Day looks cold again with an exiting system affecting our southern regions. Could be a good one. Weak weather affecting the north.

President's Day Feb 21, 2022.gif

Looks like my forecast is a day or so early. Significant system moving through on this day instead of leaving as I had stated. A broader impact than anticipated into the northern areas. Close call.

Presidents day forecast.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 12:13 PM, Brian D said:

My forecast for St Patrick's Day has high pressure over the region after a system has moved through the day before, with another knocking on the door. So a cooler day that day, but only briefly. In general, March looks very active, and at times, very mild. Expect some wild weather.

St Patrick's Day 2022.gif

I was too aggressive with high pressure coming in over the Lakes, and did not have the system coming in from the southwest, so this was a miss. 

St Patricks Day forecast map.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 5:53 PM, Brian D said:

Next on the list is April Fools Day as Easter is later this year. Looks like a storm system moving in, and I just might get a little snow out of this one.

April Fools's Day map.gif

I have low pressure moving in, and was anticipating it to be a little more robust than what is going to move through. This would have been a great call for March 30 wx tho. Oh well, this was a so-so call. Onward to the Easter time frame.

April 1 wx map.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 5:56 PM, Brian D said:

Easter weekend looks fair on Good Friday with an approaching front Saturday. Easter looks to be a wet one with some energy possibly moving ahead or along the front stirring things up a bit.

Good Friday Apr 15 2022 map.gif

April 16 2022 map.gif

Easter Sunday Apr 17, 2022 map.gif

Pretty close call I'd say. I have the front moving in a little quicker, tho, on Easter Sunday.

Good Friday wx map.gif

Sat April 16 wx map.gif

Easter wx map.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my July 4 forecast which is a Monday this year. I have the map for that day, but the weekend looks like a storm front moving through on Sat, with high pressure over the lakes Sun. I have a boundary along the southern sub, with another approaching front in the north on the 4th. Not a total wash out, but shwrs/stms will be around. Sunday into Monday could be rather cool for some.

July 4 forecast map.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 5:59 PM, Brian D said:

Memorial weekend looks cool, and wet, with storms for the southern areas.

May 28 2022 map.gif

May 29, 2022 map.gif

Memorial Day May 30, 2022.gif

So-so forecast. The wet weather will be confined to the west areas of the sub, and the northern areas will be on the cooler side today. So most of the sub will be in good shape for a very nice Memorial weekend. Enjoy everyone

May 28 wx map.gif

May 29 wx map.gif

May 30 wx map.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 12:03 PM, Brian D said:

Trying to keep up here with forecasts 2-3 months out. So for Father's Day/Juneteenth it looks like a front moving in bring showers, and storms with a boundary in the southern sub bringing some weather there too.

Father's Day-Juneteenth map.gif

Close call here with front in the western sub. Front in the southern sub is being shunted all the way to the Gulf on Sat as a strong ridge settles in from the north. So a bit off with that. Some showers and storms will be moving across the northern areas during the day.

father day wx map.gif