Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Eclipse

SHELEG

1 hour ago, SHELEG said:

What are the sky conditions looking like for Thursday morning solar eclipse?

I hope you have an elevated viewing location (like a rooftop or something) because the sun will be really close to the horizon, maximum eclipse is 10 min after sunrise.  Make sure you have eclipse glasses since it's an annular eclipse.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I hope you have an elevated viewing location (like a rooftop or something) because the sun will be really close to the horizon, maximum eclipse is 10 min after sunrise.  Make sure you have eclipse glasses since it's an annular eclipse.

Just as a friendly clarification, we only get to enjoy the partial eclipse stage, albeit of a fairly deep magnitude. Annularity doesn't start until over the Ontario interior. It sounds pedantic, but it's the difference between the very cool "ring of fire" and just a pretty cool crescent shape.

As for cloudcover, it seems the further north you are, the better. Most models show very slow drying from north to south on Wednesday night.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Just as a friendly clarification, we only get to enjoy the partial eclipse stage, albeit of a fairly deep magnitude. Annularity doesn't start until over the Ontario interior. It sounds pedantic, but it's the difference between the very cool "ring of fire" and just a pretty cool crescent shape.

As for cloudcover, it seems the further north you are, the better. Most models show very slow drying from north to south on Wednesday night.

Oh no, so it's more like a 90% eclipse for us?  I guess for those of us who are corona lovers, we wouldn't get to see it either way.

By the way, the word "corona" has been ruined for me forever.  I was talking about being a corona lover earlier and it was taken in a completely wrong way lol.