Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Winter of 2019-2020 Stinks - Let's Complain

WeatherPSU

8 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Sorry brother.  That was a sad post to read.  you never know it might turn around.  March can be fun sometimes.  Cram a winters worth of snow and ice into 10 days and then November is only 8 months away by then.  The clock resets...along with hope

I hope so, man...and I'd be perfectly fine with a winter of snow in 10 days, lol But hopefully the clock resets to a more favorable regime...I mean it's been 10 years since our last legit mod nino! I wonder why those seem to be so rare, anyway? Yet la ninas seem to be less rare (of course, lol). I thought neutrals could be 50/50, but...obviously those may not work anymore. So hopefully...an actual nino next time...

9 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I hope so, man...and I'd be perfectly fine with a winter of snow in 10 days, lol But hopefully the clock resets to a more favorable regime...I mean it's been 10 years since our last legit mod nino! I wonder why those seem to be so rare, anyway? Yet la ninas seem to be less rare (of course, lol). I thought neutrals could be 50/50, but...obviously those may not work anymore. So hopefully...an actual nino next time...

It’s the AO that’s killing us. The real cold can’t penetrate to our latitude.  Plenty of moisture but no cold to greet it. It’s the worst possible pattern and totally stable and persistent.  Kiss of death.  

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

It’s the AO that’s killing us. The real cold can’t penetrate to our latitude.  Plenty of moisture but no cold to greet it. It’s the worst possible pattern and totally stable and persistent.  Kiss of death.  

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Maybe....but I'd still  take my chances anytime in prime climo with an active and juicy storm track ....period . 

See and that's what I'm wondering...is it anyway it could bend just enough and give us something if we luck up and time said "bend" with precip? I know it would be a lower percentage shot, of course...but can ya completely rule it out? (and I'm also wondering if we've ever gotten any storms in an AO pattern this hostile)

• 2 weeks later...