Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
NNE Fall Thread

wxeyeNH

7 hours ago, J.Spin said:

I’m glad you’re enjoying the photos Ginx.  Shooting the action shots on Tuesday’s tour was incredibly challenging since we were at dusk, in late November, in a snowstorm.  But of course, pushing the limits is part of the fun.  The scenery shots at the start of the tour were fairly standard because there was still a decent amount of available light, relatively speaking of course.  The action shots at dusk were only possible because I was using a really bright lens, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM that’s just right for these sorts of occasions.  Unfortunately it seems that images posted on the forum strip out the Exif data, but it’s still present for all the shots on my website.  In order to keep the shutter speed at 1/1000 sec to stop motion, I went to F/1.8 and ISO values in the 6,400 to 8,000 range.  The photography and skiing were super fun, but of course the best part was getting to be out on a ski tour with my older son.

I was also out for a quick tour yesterday morning, so here are a few more pictures:

29NOV18D.jpg

29NOV18C.jpg

29NOV18B.jpg

So sweet. Yes I visit your website when I am not on mobile often. Spectacular,  you have the knack