• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Storm Reports Overlaid onto SPC Outlooks

On 1/16/2018 at 3:42 PM, weatherwiz said:

I found this but when I type in a date the next page comes up blank with just some text which seems like it would go to some maps:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1/verification/

Did you try the link and directions I posted above?  This, for example, is what I get when I enter date 20110427 and click one of the verification links on the following page.  Is this not what you're looking for?

tSDLNQf.gif

On 1/17/2018 at 9:56 PM, jmg378s said:

Did you try the link and directions I posted above?  This, for example, is what I get when I enter date 20110427 and click one of the verification links on the following page.  Is this not what you're looking for?

tSDLNQf.gif

I did and this is exactly what I am looking for!! I just get a blank page though. What web browser are you using? I tried chrome and explorer but this is what I get:  (Also tried firefox)

5a6673323d458_SPCverification.thumb.jpg.3fe197a63d4ad36f0209f27e20eeef09.jpg

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I did and this is exactly what I am looking for!! I just get a blank page though. What web browser are you using? I tried chrome and explorer but this is what I get:  (Also tried firefox)

I'm using Chrome and yes I get a blank page just like you show when I use the link you posted.  But the link I posted works just fine me.   If you're using this link http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/ and still getting a blank page then I'm not sure what's going on.  Sorry...

5 minutes ago, jmg378s said:

I'm using Chrome and yes I get a blank page just like you show when I use the link you posted.  But the link I posted works just fine me.   If you're using this link http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/ and still getting a blank page then I'm not sure what's going on.  Sorry...

Thank you! I followed the original link posted but I am completely missing something b/c I don't see the option for verification :/ 

5a667bbbcb843_verificationpart2.thumb.jpg.637ad1fdbaf5826e259bb7f10ae857a7.jpg

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Thank you! I followed the original link posted but I am completely missing something b/c I don't see the option for verification :/ 

Glad you got it.  No you're not missing anything.  The verification charts probably don't go back as far as the date you entered.  And I'm not sure if the verification links even show up on days with no reports.

5 minutes ago, jmg378s said:

Glad you got it.  No you're not missing anything.  The verification charts probably don't go back as far as the date you entered.  And I'm not sure if the verification links even show up on days with no reports.

Thank you! I didn’t check to even see if they only went back to a certain date. The date I had entered was a high risk day. 

I’m doing a presentation along with two other students at a conference at Notre Dame in June and we are going to analyze high risk days issued (was going to do since 2005 since mesoanalysis archives begins then) and explore events which verified and which didn’t and further explore the ones that didn’t and see if there were any clues. The goal is to perhaps work on something which can further be explored and enhance severe weather forecasting of big events 

Archived