Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WxChallenge 2016-2017

Mallow

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow a person from my class managed to have a perfect forecast yesterday. 56/43/18/0.18 that is impressive

7 hours ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Just got trolled by it dropping three degrees between 05 and 06z. Never though it'd get into the 30s tonight but looks like that's what will probably happen. :arrowhead:

Wasnt too worried about dropping to the 30's as some showed last night, tonight though definitely different and lets see how the highs go we may reach our max in a couple hours before we slowly wane the temps.

42/32/20/0

I figured even with more clouds than today they should have a chance to make it almost as high as today with the strong southerlies ahead of the front. Couldn't buy them dropping to 30 like the USL had with the moderating effect the Lake should have but we'll see. Took a shot at high winds as the NAM BUFKIT profile for TVC showed 21 kts only a few hundred feet off the ground and with winds becoming more westerly figured they could have a shot at mixing better than on Day 1 when the wind was SSW. Didn't want to gamble with precip. as any lift looked as if it would be mostly to their NW.

34/27/20/0.06

Seems like a crazy low forecast on precip. but I have to think the wind will play a role allowing some of the snow to miss the gauge and like sowhatshappening mentioned, not sure they'll be in the heaviest as it seems areas just NE of them are much more favored. If they do snow core samples then I'm probably screwed :lol:

Pretty clear they are getting significant precipitation that simply isn't getting into the gauge due to the winds. Last METAR shows they picked up 1" of additional snow accumulation in the last hour, despite recording no measureable precipitation.

KTVC 082153Z 34012G19KT 1SM -SN BKN015 OVC030 M01/M03 A3009 RMK AO2 SLP196 SNINCR 1/3 P0000 T10061033

2 hours ago, phil882 said:

Pretty clear they are getting significant precipitation that simply isn't getting into the gauge due to the winds. Last METAR shows they picked up 1" of additional snow accumulation in the last hour, despite recording no measureable precipitation.

KTVC 082153Z 34012G19KT 1SM -SN BKN015 OVC030 M01/M03 A3009 RMK AO2 SLP196 SNINCR 1/3 P0000 T10061033

Yea it's a shame that asos just misses most unless there is no wind or just liquid. this is what happened 2 years ago when we had Sault st Marie snowed and snowed and snowed and I'm pretty sure it barely recorded.

29/24/16/0.15

I think... I made this forecast earlier son I'm not 100% on it

30/26/16/0.23

Really hoping the lighter winds tomorrow will allow more of the snow to reach the gauge. I also feel they'll be in an even more favorable regime tomorrow with the orientation of the PGF and some help synoptically with s/w moving in especially after 00z. I'm right at the mean for precip. and the std deviation is 0.24. :lol:

19 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

I decided to go bold (since TVC was becoming my drop city) and submitted 29/23/14/0.10 to account for the fact not all flakes will fall into the bucket due to winds.

Got me up to 13th in cumulative standing for the year.

Looks like it payed out though looks like only 0.08 for the day but that low so far already 19

Archived