• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
personal weather stations

wthrmn654

someone had a coop weather station in Westerleigh from the early 1950's to the 1980's near Marble St....I was able to get all the dailies from the Utah climate site 15 years ago when I lived in Westerleigh...I was there from 1999-2006...I had a station across from the Westerleigh tennis courts...

Yeah that was on Cheeves ave. I believe. I befriended that older gentleman and would visit him. I have his monthly obs. (temps, precip, snow) dating back to 1947. I believe his father started that station and records go back even further. Wow that was a long time ago when I knew him...I was only in my 20's. I remember my sadness when I saw his obituary in the newspaper just a few days after my last visit.

Yeah that was on Cheeves ave. I believe. I befriended that older gentleman and would visit him. I have his monthly obs. (temps, precip, snow) dating back to 1947. I believe his father started that station and records go back even further. Wow that was a long time ago when I knew him...I was only in my 20's. I remember my sadness when I saw his obituary in the newspaper just a few days after my last visit.

I could not believe how cold it was during the winter of 60-61...they got 15 straight days 10 degrees or lower if I'm remembering correctly...

• 2 weeks later...

Davis are the stations use use in our private mesonet,  our stations can be found on the Davis Weather Link Network,  Harrison, Greenbrook Mountain, Elevation 500 feet,  Whippany, Lake Parsippany, Sparta, Waldwick, and North Arlington,  We use the vantage vue with the Weatherink IP software.  in any network ou must commit yourself to the maintenance of these stations which is rain gauge cleaning and changing the batteries ever 12 to 18 mouths. 

We are also testing the 5 in 1 acu-rite station here, I am very impressed with it, set up simple,

easy to maintain and sensors are remarkably accurate for the price point of these stations.

for just under a 100 dollars to if shop around is not bad. 

Archived