• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Members please read (regarding potential subforum split)

Hoosier

Subforums  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you open to the idea of a subforum split?

2. 2. If a subforum split occurs, which arrangement would you favor?

• Lakes (roughly I-80 north) , Ohio Valley (roughly I-80 south)
    • Eastern Midwest (OH, ne KY, e IN, most of MI), Western Midwest (everything else)
    • Chicagoland (ne IL, nw IN), Lakes/Ohio Valley (everything else)
    • Other (explain in post)
    • I voted No in question 1

Hoosier's a good poster, he knows his meteorology, and he's passionate about the weather in his backyard, (which could be described as an area from Indy to Chicago).  This is why he's not a good moderator.   A good forum moderator needs to at least appear impartial to areas outside his own.    I see a lot more region impartiality out of posters like Harry, Josh, OHweather, and IWXwx.

Sometimes I think it would be a good idea to have moderators from regions outside the forum they moderator.  For instance having a New England moderator in the Midwest forum.   Afterall moderating is about moderating.

Really don't want the job because i really don't spend the time i used to around here for one. Too much going on ( kids/work and that sort of thing )  at the moment offline. Tim ( Chicago Wx ) is another who's name i would throw in that hat. He is one of the most level headed posters on this forum.

I like your other idea about visiting mods from other forums. Not sure why we have never had block ops mods either in this sub forum like some of the others have? We may be able to get more people to help out and it gives them a chance to see if moderating is a good fit for them. Overall we have a pretty decent group of posters in this sub forum so nazi modding is not really needed we just need to clean it up a little via dealing with a couple of bad apples.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived