• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Questions about model center

weatherwiz

I'm definitely going to sign up for the level 2 package but it's just a question of when and before I do so I just a few questions.  

I'm just going to pay monthly ($9.95) a month and just wondering do you get charged the $10 right away?  Also, since I'd be going month to month, when will the charges each month be taken out?  Would it be dependent on the date I signed up?  

For example, say if I purchased the level 2 package tomorrow, would I then be charged $9.95 on the 18th of every month as long as I plan on renewing?  

I am also interested in signing up for a model center subscription.  I am a bit confused about access to discussion forums, though.  I recently clicked on a forum and I got a screen that said I needed a "Premium Discussion" subscription to read the article.  In looking through the store I see no mention of a "Premium Discussion" subscription.  

Is this part of the model center subscription?  An upgrade?  

Let me know so I know what level of subscription best fits my needs.

Thanks!

I am also interested in signing up for a model center subscription.  I am a bit confused about access to discussion forums, though.  I recently clicked on a forum and I got a screen that said I needed a "Premium Discussion" subscription to read the article.  In looking through the store I see no mention of a "Premium Discussion" subscription.  

Is this part of the model center subscription?  An upgrade?  

Let me know so I know what level of subscription best fits my needs.

Thanks!

All forums are free. There was a premium discussion page back in the summer that Allan Huffman took a part in but has since discontinued it.  The subscriptions are for model access only - go to models.americanwx.com to purchase a Level 1 or 2 subscription.

thanks wow.  So all of the free maps are no longer free? IE, the GFS etc?

GFS was never a free product since going to the pay system.

Free Products 

RAP Model, Analysis Products, MJO Composite Plots 

Level 1 subscription: $5.95/month ($59.95 annual) 

Free products + 40km NAM, GGEM, DGEX, SREF, RGEM 

Level 2 subscription: $9.95/month ($99.95 annual) 

Level 1 products + GFS, 4km NAM, ECMWF, Euro Ens, GFS Ens, GGEM Ens, NAEFS, NAVGEM, Tropical Models (ATCF & GFDL), HRRR, GEFS PSD

Archived