SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SW/Central/SE VA Disco

Martin

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit over 2" as of 30min ago. Really impressive that this burst accumulated. Temp is at 32.7 and is rising rapidly.

EDIT: 2.75" now and rain/snow/sleet line is knocking on the door.

Good luck RIC, I want to see some pics of the 1ft totals tomorrow morning.

I live in Indian River right off Sparrow road on Chesapeake, Virginia Beach line and I have 2 inches exact . It has stopped snowing and it now is sprinkling. Guess that is it for now, till maybe the back side of this storm when it passes tomorrow.

being away from the water made a difference. And yeah. Keeping an eye on that back end. 18z gfs showed some deform swinging through our area. As earlier runs were keeping it west and north of HR.

A solid 2+ in Providence Forge/New Kent Co.  Drove 1 hour and 44 minutes at an average speed of 21 mph from the Henrico County Public Safety Building.  Henrico Schools closed and staff can stay home.  County Manager and Chief of Police were briefed that 8 to 9 inches of snow expected with some ice (less than 0.1 inch).

Walked Shadow and saw a VDOT convoy cleaning up Kentland Trail.  2 plows, a cherry-picker, 2 more plows, and a utility truck in the rear (probably with chain saws and winches).

Hoping the upper atmosphere holds on and keeps our precip white and flaky! 

Archived