• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OHC making huge jump in 2013

The_Global_Warmer

And I would still like to know where all the water came from that raised sea levels 8" over the 20th century if it wasn't thermal expansion? Did it come from Mars? Elephant urine?

It would be pretty darn foolhardy to denounce thermal expansion but about half the global rise came from glacial melt, mostly nonpolar. http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/sea_level.html  There is likely also some small rise due to groundwater depletion but probably within or close to statistical noise. Some locations like the eastern U.S. have  isostatic effects leading to local/regional rises in sea level greater than the eustatic trend.

It would be pretty darn foolhardy to denounce thermal expansion but about half the global rise came from glacial melt, mostly nonpolar. http://nsidc.org/cryosphere/sotc/sea_level.html  There is likely also some small rise due to groundwater depletion but probably within or close to statistical noise. Some locations like the eastern U.S. have  isostatic effects leading to local/regional rises in sea level greater than the eustatic trend.

Indeed there are other sources of sea level rise. But the point is that you cannot explain the 8" of sea level rise during the 20th century without substantial contributions from thermal expansion. Which also makes sense, given the earth warmed .8C. Of course, Jonger teeters dangerously close with full-on denial of temperature data as well. So not only is the OHC data fabricated, but so is the sea level data, and the temperature data. And the documentation of disappearing global glaciers, ice sheets, and sea ice. And snow cover. 

Actually when I first wrote that I thought I was exaggerating, but come to think of it he does deny the validity of data regarding all 7 of those phenomenon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived