• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Thank You

MGorse

I wanted to say thank you to all the folks here who posted snowfall amounts late last night and especially early this morning. I was working the event during that time, and the reports were much appreciated and helpful. This thank you also extends into the NYC subforum as I checked in there several times to see reports.

This was a great example how this board helps in real time, especially as weather conditions change during the course of an event. Again, I thank you!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wish Schuylkill County was in your CWA instead of State College's. Not that I don't like them, or they are bad forecasters, but they have no presence here on the forum, and many times, their focus is centered more toward the central part of the state (Susquehanna Valley, Laurels, etc). Besides, at least in my location in the Skook, our weather is more similar to that of northern Lehigh County and the Lehigh Valley area than it is to Harrisburg and beyond. I actually live only about 10 miles from the Lehigh County line, and about 5 miles from the Carbon line.

So close, but yet so far...

Also thanks to you Mike, Tony and rest of the Met crew for posting here in the Philly forum.

Andy,

I have been remiss of late, having a lot of pc problems at home.  Even if we are not posting, we

are viewing the days when weather is occurring.  Radar returns and unaugmented asos visibilities

during snow (dont know how much of that is snow vs fog and when the flakes are large vsbys

tend to indicate less snow accumulating than reality) are sometimes misleading.

Nothing beats real time obs.

I wanted to say thank you to all the folks here who posted snowfall amounts late last night and especially early this morning. I was working the event during that time, and the reports were much appreciated and helpful. This thank you also extends into the NYC subforum as I checked in there several times to see reports.

This was a great example how this board helps in real time, especially as weather conditions change during the course of an event. Again, I thank you!

No, thank you guys for your professional insight on the weather and forecast. And teaching us!!

Anytime, and I'd like to extend a thinks to you guys at Mt. Holly WFO for posting here and keeping it real. There's nothing better than real time obs as we all know, they can and do save lives. Here's a pic of the traffic jam leading into kiddies school at 7:40 am.

Archived