Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
West Coast Thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, so we do have a west coast thread after all.

I moved down to silicon valley from Montana a couple years ago.  A good career move considering my field, but the weather here is so unbelievably boring.  I spend most of my time tracking wx in places I used to live (Montana, Baltimore) rather than where I live now because nothing ever happens here. :(  Well, at least, snow and cold doesn't happen here, and that's really the only type of wx I care about.

I moved down to silicon valley from Montana a couple years ago. A good career move considering my field, but the weather here is so unbelievably boring. I spend most of my time tracking wx in places I used to live (Montana, Baltimore) rather than where I live now because nothing ever happens here. :( Well, at least, snow and cold doesn't happen here, and that's really the only type of wx I care about.

Well certainly it won't be that cold or snow in the Bay Area but stay long enough and you'll get some hellacious storms in the winter.....if you're in the South Bay you should drive up HWY 17 into the Santa Cruz mountains tomorrow or over the weekend....heavy rain expected.... It gets biblical up there sometimes...

I moved down to silicon valley from Montana a couple years ago. A good career move considering my field, but the weather here is so unbelievably boring. I spend most of my time tracking wx in places I used to live (Montana, Baltimore) rather than where I live now because nothing ever happens here. :( Well, at least, snow and cold doesn't happen here, and that's really the only type of wx I care about.

Summer is a weather snooze fest to be sure...

Well certainly it won't be that cold or snow in the Bay Area but stay long enough and you'll get some hellacious storms in the winter.....if you're in the South Bay you should drive up HWY 17 into the Santa Cruz mountains tomorrow or over the weekend....heavy rain expected.... It gets biblical up there sometimes...

Legit points.  I think I'm just jaded because the two winters I've spent here so far (especially this current one) have been so dry and warm.  Anyhow, we did get some decent rain today down here.  Heaviest of the year I think.

Archived