• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Lake Michigan predicted to reach record low level

Hoosier

Guess I don't understand what this means....?

I don't either lol and probably means nothing...  while looking at lake temps this AM I came across that map and to my moron eyes it tells me that the avg water level of the Lake is still above the record low-level that occurred in March 1964 at 576.12 ft.

Mi/Huron are now up 8" since this time in March, with another projected rise of 3" by May 26th. This will be an 11" rise. It's looking more likely that the lake will erase last years deficit loss of 14". As of now tho, the lake is still -21" below the long term average. This is major progress and with a lot of snow melt left to go in the Superior basin, the rise should continue into July.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Michigan/Huron have made a lot of progress.... Water levels are currently 13" above this time last year and 18" above the record low recorded at the beginning of 2013. Still -16" below long term average, but sure beats the -29" it was.

http://www.lre.usace.army.mil/Missions/GreatLakesInformation/GreatLakesWaterLevels/WaterLevelForecast/WeeklyGreatLakesWaterLevels.aspx

• 1 month later...

Lake Michigan/Huron continue to hold their own re: the significant  recovery from this years record low water levels.

The lakes are 15" above the levels this time last year and now only -14" from long term levels for this time of year.  What's even more interesting, and kinda rare, is that MI/Huron are 2" higher than levels reported on October 29th.  Usually this time of year it's a steady decline.... still tho, they are forecasted to  decline 2" in the next month.  A snowy Winter and wet Spring could finally raise the levels within 4 or 6" of long term averages.

Archived