• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Davis Weather station remote setup

MarkO

How far away are you looking to place the station? I'm somewhat of a novice at this, but you can build repeaters for additional distance. You can purchase the wireless Davis system for remote transmission. Have you already purchased something?

"setting up online" is the easy part, just install some software and download/ move a couple files around, then setup on the web interfaces for public viewing.

By the way, I have one for sale (Davis pro vantage 2 w/ fan asp rad. shield) all wireless , including anemometer). :)

Anyone familiar with Davis software and how to set up a remote location and access via the web?

(If this is in the wrong forum, mods feel free to move)

You can use repeaters to gain up to about 1 mile with a couple of yagi antenneas or you could try Davis' new cellular connection called Vantage Connect. Then it almost wouldn't matter how remote your station is.

I plan on putting the station at the cabin in Thornton. There is cell service available (through Verizon Wireless) up there so I'll look into Vantage Connect. If not, I may just set up a network with a Verizon Wireless air card.

I'd like to use a netbook for a pc, but it doesn't have a RS232 serial port. Hopefully I can get it to work with a USB dongle.

Archived