Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Creating my own weather organization

EasternUSWX

Hello everyone,

If you don't know me by name, my name is Zak Brisko and I am 23 years old. I am a journalism major at Shippensburg University and minoring in earth science. I am telling you all this because I am in the process of starting my own weather organization called the Hazardous Weather Prediction Center. Our goal there is to provide the public with the best forecast possible along with stunning graphics. I made this topic because well this is a weather forum and I know you guys love weather. I need some guys on my team that would like to become members and join as a met, forecaster, advisor, graphic media (photos and video), legal, financial and more. I hope to take my company within the next 1-2 years and make it a 501C3 (nonprofit) and also open a private sector where forecasting for businesses or personal use will be based on donations.

If anyone is interesting check out the site or facebook and let me know of your interest at [email protected]

www.hwpcwx.org

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hazardous-Weather-Prediction-Center/150348485049772

Thanks guys and have a great day.

~Zak

Yet another FB group that will flood news feeds and claim they are better than the NWS/NOAA.

BACK UP!!!

Incorrect. No one is claiming they are better than anyone. We just do our job. We have a met and a future met on the team right now. We are also helping people with autoimmune diseases. It is amazing how mean people are these days. Geez.

Incorrect. No one is claiming they are better than anyone. We just do our job. We have a met and a future met on the team right now. We are also helping people with autoimmune diseases. It is amazing how mean people are these days. Geez.

A few things...

1. Going for non-profit status, yet taking "donations" for providing services. Way to exploit a loop hole calling them donations.

2. How are you keeping donations for the autoimmune cause and personal forecast separate? The IRS will love seeing this audit trail.

3. We've seen the likes of said website/twitter/FB pages before. Enough said.

Why does everyone always want to be decenting. Use the combined energy of your own and that of establised system to make the best result. Work on the unknowns elements of the science rather than reinventing the known parts.

Facebook should not be the basis for an organization. A well thought out plan with mission statements and more is where these things begin.

A few things...

1. Going for non-profit status, yet taking "donations" for providing services. Way to exploit a loop hole calling them donations.

2. How are you keeping donations for the autoimmune cause and personal forecast separate? The IRS will love seeing this audit trail.

3. We've seen the likes of said website/twitter/FB pages before. Enough said.

The money taken in goes to the autoimmune cause no matter which section it comes from.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet another FB group that will flood news feeds and claim they are better than the NWS/NOAA.

BACK UP!!!

Normally.. I wouldnt be so hard on anyone but since you were so ugly to the thread starter i've got a newsflash for ya!! Dont like/become friends with the people/pages you dont want in your FB newsfeed! Its really that simple...but I do find your comment(s) very amusing since you yourself are an infamous representative of one of the biggest laughing stocks in the weather community!

Normally.. I wouldnt be so hard on anyone but since you were so ugly to the thread starter i've got a newsflash for ya!! Dont like/become friends with the people/pages you dont want in your FB newsfeed! Its really that simple...but I do find your comment(s) very amusing since you yourself are an infamous representative of one of the biggest laughing stocks in the weather community!

This coming from someone who obviously doesn't comprehend that Facebook isn't "My Blog". My volunteer status also shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

Archived