Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 22 Severe Wx Threat

fsu_wxgirl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was driving back from OC NJ and hit the storm as I hit the PA side of the Walt coming back. Some wind, lot of lightning, but really didn't "seem" severe to me. Definitely gusty though in South Philly. Lightning was more impressive

Meteorologically "annoying" event, echoes looked fairly impressive at the surface and the 88D wind field was reflective of the environmental winds, (there was some rotation at the lowest levels vs none at all) but the storms themselves were not that vertical and the mid level lapse rates were 39F and rain on a February day.

Meteorologically "annoying" event, echoes looked fairly impressive at the surface and the 88D wind field was reflective of the environmental winds, (there was some rotation at the lowest levels vs none at all) but the storms themselves were not that vertical and the mid level lapse rates were 39F and rain on a February day.

they were pretty low topped...I could see them get sheared off as soon as they hit a certain height as I was driving up the ACX from the Shore.

BTW, pics of the ocean...rough ocean, very windy, nice day though! Top pic is OC, bottom pic is Sea Isle.

post-105-0-92552200-1348403453_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-40128700-1348403471_thumb.jpg

Archived