EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Mt holly NWS open house sept 22nd

LMolineuxLM1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the GTG was a semi-failure lets not let the Philly Regions Mt Holly NWS open house turn into a failure and have a huge gathering even it it takes calling out by some members, lol.

cant always take me too-to serious, i have been in a great mood as of late. Massive amounts of Tropo DX'ing in my Radio and TV hobby, its been epic for me so far. So I have been in a joking fun mood.

I seem to have miscalculated, is it too late to get my job back? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Took the 12pm...cool displays by nws/skywarn, air force reserve, forest service etc. Tour was great i liked how the derecho event was worked into the presentation. Recognized scotty from the boards and chatted with him and cg for several minutes as well as mitchell before i had to go. Probably were several more of us there but i didnt want to interrupt the tour for board shout outs lol.

I think we should hold a mt holly beef and beer fundraiser to purchase a phased array radar....million bucks a plate should cover it

Took the 12pm...cool displays by nws/skywarn, air force reserve, forest service etc. Tour was great i liked how the derecho event was worked into the presentation. Recognized scotty from the boards and chatted with him and cg for several minutes as well as mitchell before i had to go. Probably were several more of us there but i didnt want to interrupt the tour for board shout outs lol.

I think we should hold a mt holly beef and beer fundraiser to purchase a phased array radar....million bucks a plate should cover it

It was great to meet you and associate a face with you. Hopefully we'll get to chat with each other again sometime soon.

It was great seeing you. Of course I saw Cary(he and I seem to show up every year regardless....unlike the rest of you all! :P ) and talked to Lee before he left; there were a few others there as well from the board, but I forgot your names(you all knew me for some reason :lol: ).

I eavesdropped on Larry and an Air Force Weather officer's conversation about the PYKL3 radar app while analyzing 30-minute old storms off of the CCX radar site(someone turned off the automatic updating option).

Cary and I took the 1pm tour and Joe Miketta was the leader-a great presentation as always(he also threw out some weenie terms too which I always LOVE!). Mitchell sat in as well(I believe he took helm of the 1:30 tour).

I also took a pic of Tony hard at work when he wasn't looking. :P

2u4j32s.jpg

More people from the board have to show up next year...maybe some Angelo's has to be ordered to the office beforehand?

Archived