• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Great job yesterday! 6/1

jnis

I wanted to extend my compliments and thanks to everyone who posted in the Severe/ Tornado thread yesterday. I live and teach school in Damascus. I was in a windowless classroom during the first wave of storms. My students were very nervous as many of them had just been in the halls and saw the black sky. After a quick check of the NWS site I went right to the severe thread. I have to say I was amazed by the continuous stream of clear and concise observations and analysis. Some of the radar images being posted were fantastic and then followed up with detailed analysis. Having that information made a big difference during a very stressful situation. So again, my thanks to all who posted during the storms!

In my opinion, props go out to MCPS for keeping the kids at school during the worst of it.

Agreed. There has been some discussion about whether or not this event was over hyped, but there was a good deal of wind damage and road closures across north central MD. From a public safety standpoint I was happy that everyone took this event seriously and from what I have seen, no one was killed. Lets hope every event goes like this.

Agreed. There has been some discussion about whether or not this event was over hyped, but there was a good deal of wind damage and road closures across north central MD. From a public safety standpoint I was happy that everyone took this event seriously and from what I have seen, no one was killed. Lets hope every event goes like this.

Probably because everything was weak. Alabama had plenty of warning something was coming. Put an ef4+ thru population and a week of freaking out beforehand is meaningless.

Archived