• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
AllisonHouse vs. MichiganWxSystems

wxmeddler

With a major severe outbreak forcasted for tomorrow the common radar feeds are going to extremely stresses. Two main data providers have come forward to fill the gap and provide placefile add-ons, they are MichiganWxSystems and AllisonHouse.

I currently pay $6.67 a month for MichiganWxSystem's placefile and lightning feed. I am very happy with it and the service is great! I get summarized lightning data, METARS, HPC/SPC products, RUC Analysis, Specialty place files such as Hurricane Hunter HDOB's and Some states Dept. Of Transportation weather stations. For an extra $4 a month I can add a level 3 data package and for $ 20 a month which is $5 less than Allison House..

Per Allison House's website they offer pretty much the same services plus integration into Radarscope and PYKL3 for mobile devices and are soon to be the data provider for GREarth. A list of their services can be found here. If you subscribe to AH how do you like it, pros/cons, service, placefile diversity?

Looks like you don't have to decide anymore: http://www.allisonhouse.com/blog/?p=418

WHEATON, IL April 20, 2012 – AllisonHouse LLC and MichiganWxSystems LLC today announced a definitive agreement for AllisonHouse to acquire MichiganWxSystems. Additionally, MichiganWxSystems founder and lead developer will be joining AllisonHouse to support the company’s mission to continue to provide real-time, customizable weather data in formats that are easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to understand.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like you don't have to decide anymore: http://www.allisonho...com/blog/?p=418

WHEATON, IL April 20, 2012 – AllisonHouse LLC and MichiganWxSystems LLC today announced a definitive agreement for AllisonHouse to acquire MichiganWxSystems. Additionally, MichiganWxSystems founder and lead developer will be joining AllisonHouse to support the company’s mission to continue to provide real-time, customizable weather data in formats that are easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to understand.

Monopoly.

Archived