• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2011-12 Snowfall Contest Results

Chicago WX

Congrats to goobagooba and Trent for getting the most guesses correct at 12. The tiebreakers are at the bottom of the post. I'll let you all decide who wins, but goobagooba correctly guessed 7 for the number of days with 0.1" of snowfall at STL (tiebreaker #3).

No surprise, but all 20 sites came in with below normal snowfall from November 1 through March 31.

Thanks to all who played this season. :)

Tiebreaker #1: greatest calendar day snowfall at ORD: 5.4" on January 20th

goobagooba: 14.0"

Trent: 6.5"

Tiebreaker #2: total snowfall for February at YYZ: 5.0"

goobagooba: 12.0"

Trent: 14.2"

Tiebreaker #3: number of days with 0.1" or greater snowfall (Nov 1-Mar 31 timeframe) at STL: 7 days

goobagooba: 7

Trent: 12

Tiebreaker #4: how much snow will be measured at LBF from January 6-12, 2012: 1.4"

goobagooba: 3.0"

Trent: 0.0"

Congrats to the winners! And I concur, thanks for the hardwork Tim! Karma and climo bit me in the but, I was thinking 50-55" for Chicago/Detroit and instead it was 19.8" (ORD) and 26.0" (DTW). An average isnt an average anymore when you are running 2 feet above average for 4 consecutive years. We were due for a crapper, hoping for bigger/better in 2012-13, and look forward to next years contest.

Congrats to the winners! And I concur, thanks for the hardwork Tim! Karma and climo bit me in the but, I was thinking 50-55" for Chicago/Detroit and instead it was 19.8" (ORD) and 26.0" (DTW). An average isnt an average anymore when you are running 2 feet above average for 4 consecutive years. We were due for a crapper, hoping for bigger/better in 2012-13, and look forward to next years contest.

Thanks Josh. And yes, climo always catches up at some point...as we both know. Here's to a better 2012-13 winter. :beer:

I know that others have thanked you and I have thanked you in the past, but I need to thank you again. I know it must be time consuming, but it sure is fun, even though this winter sure turned out differently than most expected. Maybe we can try again this coming year.

Congrats to Trent and goobagooba. Also, Bowme and KokomoWX had good showings. And Joe, what can you say, except better luck next year, lol, although I suspect that your almost all overs may have been a factitious set of picks. At least you got one right!

Archived