• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Spring Pre-Post Torch

That's just freaky and unnatural that you have stuff blooming already. WOW.

yes, i agree 100%...it doesn't feel right at all...the maples and forsythia are a month ahead of schedule...the lilacs are almost 6weeks ahead of schedule...the birch, black cherry, willow, crab apple leafed out...the oak buds swelled a bit...perennials that don't flower until July-August are popping out of the ground, when really all that should be up right now are crocuses...and the crocuses are all past flowering already...

i don't like it one bit...this is a huge aberration from our average climate...

Big Big changes incoming...

yes, i agree 100%...it doesn't feel right at all...the maples and forsythia are a month ahead of schedule...the lilacs are almost 6weeks ahead of schedule...the birch, black cherry, willow, crab apple leafed out...the oak buds swelled a bit...perennials that don't flower until July-August are popping out of the ground, when really all that should be up right now are crocuses...and the crocuses are all past flowering already...

i don't like it one bit...this is a huge aberration from our average climate...

Big Big changes incoming...

As you can imagine, the same situation happening in the Great Lakes, probably even more extreme. We are at least 4 weeks ahead of schedule, if not up to 5-6 weeks in some areas to my north. Here, the dime-a-dozen honey locusts, the oaks, and the sycamores are still as bare and dormant as in mid-winter, but they are usually bare until May or almost May anyway. All other trees have at least swelling buds, some small shrubs have sprouted leaves, and the sugar maples have that lime-green cauliflower look that gives a green tinge to the landscape. Bradford pears and magnolias are in full flower. I have NEVER seen a leaf in MI before April. Grass is a vibrant spring green. Lows going into the 20s tomorrow night, so here we go. Could be an absolute agricultural disaster to the fruit crops up north. The only other comparable torch in March was in 1945 (but 2012 was more extreme) and that year fruit crops were destroyed with April/May frost/freezes.

Didnt do a pre/post torch pic like you, but did do a 2011 and 2012 comparison shot

3171-800.jpg

Archived