• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Wx Station Question

CT Rain

I'm looking to buy a thermometer that I'll mount at 2m... but would really like to get something with a good fan aspirated radiation shield. I don't want the whole wx station setup from Davis (don't need anemometer or rain gauge) and am just looking for thermometer.

Any suggestions on the best route to go here?

Thanks

I have the davis with a fan aspirated shield thermometer at 2m and it obviously makes all the difference in the world. While other PWS spike in the afternoon mine remains very accurate (within 1F of SNC in Chester). You may want to look into purchasing just the thermometer and fan from davis and then buy a console (probably 150-200 total) and it'll give you the option to expand to more sensor if you chose to as you move forward.

I have the davis with a fan aspirated shield thermometer at 2m and it obviously makes all the difference in the world. While other PWS spike in the afternoon mine remains very accurate (within 1F of SNC in Chester). You may want to look into purchasing just the thermometer and fan from davis and then buy a console (probably 150-200 total) and it'll give you the option to expand to more sensor if you chose to as you move forward.

Yeah... I looked into that. Buying all the pieces separately from Davis (console, temp/humidity sensor, fan aspirated shield) runs $450 on provantage... while getting the entire provantage2 is $520 (including rain gauge & anemometer). Seems like getting the integrated sensor suite is worth it for only 70 more even if I don't plan on using the rain gauge and anemometer right away.

Yeah... I looked into that. Buying all the pieces separately from Davis (console, temp/humidity sensor, fan aspirated shield) runs $450 on provantage... while getting the entire provantage2 is $520 (including rain gauge & anemometer). Seems like getting the integrated sensor suite is worth it for only 70 more even if I don't plan on using the rain gauge and

anemometer right away.

I found the Davis with everything and the 24 hr fan for 529 including shipping back in November. Quite a steal seeing as the Davis website had it going for 795.

Great station. Literally cannot even find a reason to not trust the readings (except wind).

Archived