Newest Member
    joxey
New England Forum Demographics

wxsniss

New England Forum Demographics  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

2. 2. Gender?

3. 3. What hat do you wear in the daytime?

• Doctor / Nurse / Healthcare
    • Police / Fireman
    • Maintenance / Repair
    • Teaching / Education / Academic Professor / Author
    • Computer / Programming
    • Arts / Performance / Entertainment
    • Lawyer
    • Athlete
    • Scientific Research
    • Administrative
    • Business / Financial
    • Military
    • Homemaker
    • Unemployed
    • Other
  4. 4. Political Affiliation?

5. 5. What was your gateway drug to meteorology?

• Snow storms
    • Tornadoes / Thunderstorms
    • Hurricanes
    • Class or lecture in school
    • A book
    • Honestly I can't remember...
    • Other
  6. 6. What conflicts /competes for time the most with your love of weather?

i just wanted you to add a click to up the number of women...you don't have to answer any other question ;)

Nope, didn't work. Error message came up saying "an error occurred...you must answer each question in the poll."

Though that is a thought about going independent....we'll see later.

--Turtle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<on soapbox>

Yes, Steve, they do. And that's why I will not respond to this poll, unless another no answer option is put there (sorry Diane). I do not discuss my political beliefs with anyone, not even my husband. Yes, we do talk a little bit about things, but my political views are my own and no one else's business. Differences in political views have caused SO many problems, be it personal friendships or the huge political chasm that this country has now and polarized by it. I will not take part, even for a simple poll. Needless to say, I totally stay away from the AP forum!!

I have taken a couple of conflict management courses at work, and there are TWO identified topics that cause the most conflict...religion and politics. I take this totally to heart, and agree with this. I do not discuss politics at work, even though I hear others discuss theirs and cause conflicts. While they have not had major blowouts (yet), I stay out of it. Just my opinion.

OK, back to the boredom...

<off soapbox>

--Turtle

Smart lady. I agree in totality. I can talk politics and religion with anyone. I'm strong in my personal beliefs but 100% tolerant of others. That's rare. Look at this site. Clearly biases extended beyond ot into other parts of the site. Very few people are really tolerant no matter what they say. You better serve yourself and your spouse by taking the course of action you describe although it does surprise me there is no intra-marriage discussion.

Archived