• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Petition to Prevent Budget Cuts to National Weather Service

Cory

(Someone from the NWS Employees Organization created this petition, not me)

"The passing of the proposed budget cuts for the NWS(National Weather Service)'s budget must not be allowed to happen, Allowing such budget cuts will not only cripple the NWS's ability(ies) to predict up and coming storms that has and will save many lives will put our nationals people back at risk of more unnecessary loss of lives. Further more a look at 2011's massive tornado outbreak, in April 2011 these tornadoes killed at least 344 people people in the Southeast, Midwest, and Northeast in just April alone. With the aid of radars, satellites and the employees that issued warnings of these storms saved many lives. I dare not think of the total losses that would have come if not for the NWS's warnings of these destructive storms."

https://wwws.whiteho...ervice/nQVPd4l2

If you know who wrote it, might want to see if they can edit it. It's not written very well, and yes, that does matter.

Yeah that's been driving the NWSEO nuts. It was actually made by a fan of the Protect the NWS Facebook page and it's not possible to change it after it's submitted. I think the union is going to make one and try to get more signatures.

Yeah that's been driving the NWSEO nuts. It was actually made by a fan of the Protect the NWS Facebook page and it's not possible to change it after it's submitted. I think the union is going to make one and try to get more signatures.

Nice. I did post that one to Twitter and got several retweets, and some people wondering why on earth they would cut the NWS budget.

Archived