joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 24th-26th White Potential Banter Thread

am19psu

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is going to fail because adam started this thread, just like the last "threat" lol...imho, the storm after christmas has the potential as the baroclinic zone will be off the coast and colder air can work in to the coastal plain.

I assumed it failed because kush was annoyed at the title's use of the ALEET ALEET meme, therefore causing him to drop a heat bomb on the EC.

But I guess it could just be Adam's fault...

This place (not specifically this subforum) is going to get ugly, if snow doesn't materialize between the 20th-30th. Add to that, rumors that JB cancelled winter for January and it may be time to seek shelter from the mobs.

modern weather warfare...like i said if its not going to snow..bring record warmth...no fun in 20 degrees and dry only to have it replaced with 50 and rain in a day.

This place (not specifically this subforum) is going to get ugly, if snow doesn't materialize between the 20th-30th. Add to that, rumors that JB cancelled winter for January and it may be time to seek shelter from the mobs.

two superwinters have spoiled the weenies.

two superwinters have spoiled the weenies.

I hope it only snows above the fall line this year-- a normal year. I am frankly tired of hearing about 20+ inch snowstorms along the coast. The first major accumulating snow usually happens around the 5th of January. Yes, a nice white christmas would be nice but I am not going to die if it does not happen. I would love to see a major cold front come through where the temp goes from 50 degrees to near zero with lake effect snow squalls coming through even to our area. This has a better chance of happening than a white Christmas because the lakes are not frozen yet.

I hope it only snows above the fall line this year-- a normal year. I am frankly tired of hearing about 20+ inch snowstorms along the coast. The first major accumulating snow usually happens around the 5th of January. Yes, a nice white christmas would be nice but I am not going to die if it does not happen. I would love to see a major cold front come through where the temp goes from 50 degrees to near zero with lake effect snow squalls coming through even to our area. This has a better chance of happening than a white Christmas because the lakes are not frozen yet.

I was working on a similar post earlier then had to drop it for a call. Anyway, living between the NJ shore in monmouth and the poconos, no question its time to get back to normal.

The last few years have been simply NUTS at the shore. When I come home from the poconos to a 5ft base, week after week, that's nuts.

I also was thinking about FROPA. I do not think we have had an over performing FROPA events this year in the elevations? For the last few years while the shore areas were piling up, the poconos survived on pure cold and over performing and frequent light events, often with FROPA.

The current pattern has basically closed the store. I am hoping for a better second half of the season in the elevations. If we did not lose all the leaves on the trees, the yard would be green like spring here, even with our short burst of cold.

Can't wait for my extended visit to the cabin and hope we can experience an over performing "light event" or two. Its amazing what the elevations can squeeze out of a few tenths of an inch of liquid.

modern weather warfare...like i said if its not going to snow..bring record warmth...no fun in 20 degrees and dry only to have it replaced with 50 and rain in a day.

Extremely cold and dry followed by rain and 50 is like blowing out a team 20-1 and then losing the next game to them 1-0.

Might as well stay warm in that case, I can cough cough work on my golf game. :yikes:

I'm actually looking forward to a potential New Years Day circa 2005.

Although that won't make for a pretty "Winter Classic" :loon:

It made for a nice day for a sorely needed outdoor project I had to kick out that day

We somehow coaxed 30" of snow out of that winter though. :lol:

Archived